Range Rover Drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I take it owners and former owners of RR Classics are absolved from this brush tarring? :)

after all unless you are driving an overfinch classic with a 5.7 chevvy you won't "zip" along

Just asking

My dads fairly new toy is a RR after having many many mercs ( I bought his ML off him) don't worry he still has a SL500 for sunny days..

Have to say its like wafting round in your lounge so maybe the owners simply forget they are driving on a road :)

His is a TDv8 and as you say its no AMG but for a huge bus it wafts along nicely.

With the heated seats, heated steering wheel, cornering lights, high up driving position You do feel quite isolated from little cars beneath you :) :)

Ps. I'm not saying sat in the outside lane is right....but then you will find even if the RR moves over a 318d will be just in front (with fogs on) doing the same.

It's even nicer when you see it...the paint sparkles...

it feels and look so much better than any other car he was looking at in so much as it looks 'worth' the money...feels special.

the wood / alloy trim / leather all feels so much better quality than the ML it replaced, he looked at a fair few to find this spec as most are black leather inside with back headlining which he hates.

This is that one we sat in at the Geneva show last year which my dad liked so his new one may look like this.

Is that young lady in the pink (through the windscreen) with you?

It's the yellow & blue battenberg colour that gets me.
WTF is all that about?

It's yellow and pink normally with marzipan round the outside.

Unless you mean battenburg police livery... :D

L322's are imperious machines that make you forgive everything bad about them. Our 4.4 V8 petrol was a wonderful place to be seated and I know Mrs Ian's next stop after the GL will be a Full Fat new shape RR.

Better earn some serious cash or become a bank robber!

As for driving styles, the in-laws also had one... Wife's sister hit a current shape mini at traffic lights from a standing start and totalled the victim in front of her whilst never feeling a thing; brutal!

As for driving styles, the in-laws also had one... Wife's sister hit a current shape mini at traffic lights from a standing start and totalled the victim in front of her whilst never feeling a thing; brutal!

Which takes us nicely back to the OP's first post about RR drivers so often being to55ers. The RR driver's motto appears to be "Sod the rest of you"!

(Or is it just that because the beasts are so big we notice their selfishness more?)

Why do Range Rover drivers seem to think that lane three is exclusively their lane?

If you're behind one they don't want to move over.

I think there are two main reasons:

• The height gives an air of superiority
  • They mistakenly think that they've got performance at their disposal.
Now I accept that the supercharged 5 litre petrol has some go, but, in the main it's the (relatively slow) diesels that you see glued to lane three.

This isn't a "my AMG is faster than your car" thread, and I genuinely like RR (particularly RRS) - however, RR lane three hogging just seems to be a modern motoring phenomenon :devil:.
And if there's an Overfinch badge on the back you may just as well give up and wait for the (dangerous/illegal) undertake opportunity.

Rant over...

There's a great way of teaching these toss*rs a lesson that they will never forget and one I have taught many security drivers in the past. I'm not going to post how on a public forum as you have to be very confident in your own driving skills to carry it out but once you have done it I guarantee they will never hog lane 3 again :D

So next time you see me at a GTG ask me how :thumb:

I had one of the new RR in front of me the other day - nice looking car with its lego technic lights etc - until he floored the throttle in response to a yob in a Saxo - the smokescreen that came out of the exhausts was a real embarrassment...all that image gone in one throttle prod.

Seemed odd to see such a mess come from such a modern expensive car.

Which takes us nicely back to the OP's first post about RR drivers so often being to55ers. The RR driver's motto appears to be "Sod the rest of you"!

Holy thread stretch Batman - I said they hogged the outside lane - I didn't suggest they were to55ers...

Gotta love forums :D.

I had one of the new RR in front of me the other day - nice looking car with its lego technic lights etc - until he floored the throttle in response to a yob in a Saxo - the smokescreen that came out of the exhausts was a real embarrassment...all that image gone in one throttle prod.

I could be wrong, great plumes of smoke usually associated with chipped diesel cars when you floor the throttle.

That's surprising actually, I would have thought most modern diesels don't do this due to the DPF, I guess if you were worried about that being an issue you could always go for the petrol model :D, personally it doesn't bother me, all diesels kick out a bit of crap when you first floor them, it's usually just a puff though not a full on smoke cloud.

I think the reason that some RR hog lane 3 may be because some of them have BMW engines.

Holy thread stretch Batman - I said they hogged the outside lane - I didn't suggest they were to55ers...

Gotta love forums :D.
All those who hog the outside lane are to55ers. Come on, Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

Last night coming off the M25 onto M3. Silver W164 ML came up behind me flashing his lights like a lunatic. HGV in lane 1 and a long line of traffic in lane 2. I don't know where he wanted me to go but after 3 different outbursts of light flashing I gave the brake pedal enough of a prod just to illuminate the lights. I did this a few times until he backed off. When the carriageway turned to 3 lanes I was expecting him to go thundering off, instead he accelerated past me and pulled in front and sat there at 70mph?

Have to agree if anything driving our L322 makes you drive slower and more relaxed as it is like being in your front room. It does give you that get out of my way peasant feeling no denying that and they are not exactly fast either. It nips along ok for something that is 2.7 tonnes in weight but if you press on you are rewarded with 12mpg the joys of the V8.

Mind you we must be in a tiny minority as we actually get it dirty on the muddy stuff and it really is huge amounts of fun off road although most people think we are mad and should have a ****box defender or disco for that. As for country lanes the only people that can't drive them tend to be tourists who are unaware of the width and don't have to reverse in the city.

Er ? I thought lane 3 was the BMW only lane . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom