Range Rover woes....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
Hello all, I need a rant. Please bear with me.

As a retirement gift to myself I have thrown caution to the wind and bought an AUC Range Rover 4.2 SC Autobiography.

It arrived a short while ago.

Despite giving the salesman an agreed snagging list at the time of purchase, it's safe to say nothing had been done.

What has been "done" has been done with total -don't give a sh1t - factor

The valeting was non-existant (see below for an example of the attention to detail)

It is fitted with a grey parcel shelf in a black upholstered car.

The (black) door handles were all in poor condition so they took them off and fitted silver ones!

Bluetooth is U/S

Supposed to have 12 months MOT - only 8 months with advisories on cert regarding front & rear brakes, weeping shocks and play in suspension arm

The list is too long for me to be bothered to type. Palmball would have a field day!

Welcome to the joys of RR ownership eh!

Attachments

• DSCF0030 (Copy).JPG
    DSCF0030 (Copy).JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCF0031 (Copy).JPG
    DSCF0031 (Copy).JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCF0032 (Copy).JPG
    DSCF0032 (Copy).JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 200
Twitter those pictures/details. tag the dealer in question

You will get a reply soon enough

Last edited:
Snap I had the same experience with mine.
As I financed some of it, Land Rover financial have taken up the complaint. Done all the chasing of the dealer for me and are now compensating me for the bad experience.

Hope you get it sorted

Are you sure they took off the door handles? You can get chrome or silver stick on covers..... Bet that's what they have done.

Threaten to reject the car if they don't sort it all out. Hardly the RR woes but a dishonest dealer. Ours came from Stratstone Milton Keynes and the experience was rather positive (not a new car and needed some TLC due to age/mileage).

Besides these issues, how are you finding the RR Palfrem?

That is shocking! Very poor attention to detail - please keep us all posted, sorry to hear that your RR ownership experience has not started well.

If you are otherwise happy with the vehicle give them 2 options....

1. Uplift the vehicle and get all the jobs done CORRECTLY
2. Tell you will get it done and send them the bill or reject the vehicle as it is not as described.

I think KHtz's reply is a good one, it seems to get the quickest results these days

With a list of problems that long did you take the thing back and if so what was thier reaction?

Besides these issues, how are you finding the RR Palfrem?

Well, it's very nice so far. Not driven very far yet. Just to the local branch of the garage that sold it to me.

Quiet, comfortable, steers well, nice V8 tunes, great stereo, excellent visibility.

Potentially, I like it. Keep it or reject it?

Just had the shine taken off it with the long list of faults.

Arrived home from local dealer and had a long call from the DP in Aylesbury where I bought the car. Usual platitudes. "Sincere apologies, we'll fix it, et., etc." Seems like a genuine chap - but....

I do like the car and it is potentially a nice one. DP said he'll get it collected tomorrow, leave me a loaner and personally supervise the work.

Need to sleep on it.

Well give him the chance if you feel you can still have a feel good factor with it, but make sure he knows if its not perfect upon return its a money back job.

I do like the car and it is potentially a nice one. DP said he'll get it collected tomorrow, leave me a loaner and personally supervise the work.

Need to sleep on it.

Prepare for the incoming "so they are going to fix it and you're on here ranting" brigade.

I'm with you - it's good to talk (post) - it's very sociable and therapeutic amongst friends :thumb:.

Last edited:
For whatever reason this is not an unusual experience. The motor trade in general are doing nothing to enhance their already low reputation in my book. Of course there are exceptions but they are hard to find. It tends to be more shocking when you get poor service from an authorised dealer but it's down to the people, not the sign over the door.
In this case provided you put the time and trouble into supervising them to get the things sorted I'm sure you will eventually end up with a lovely car. The door handles should be repainted in the correct colour - it's a very common problem.

IIRC on that vintage, the door handles are silver as standard and colour coding an option, along with the gills etc. Ours had grey handles but was a grey car so not an issue.

UPDATE

Aside from what I have already mentioned, I have just discovered the deployable side-steps have died.

Mrs P is very challenged in the leg length department and could only just get in even with access mode! Almost needed to deflate the tyres or park on the of a hill.

Which leads me neatly on to the new error message of "Check all tyre pressures" It has had 4 new Pirellis.

Did I really chop a Landcruiser?

Keep it or reject it?

Just had the shine taken off it with the long list of faults.

I would reject it, 'shine' and 'feel good factor' are very important to me. If you like the RR (assuming it's a FF version of course) then find another better dealer and better car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom