Rare 1978 W116 Mercedes Benz 280 SEL in black - not SE - Being sold by a friend.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That`s nice Howard :cool: If it had a bigger engine,I would have loved that

Looks like a very nice car

Honestly , when we used to go out driving in it when we were younger , we'd get more looks than if we were in any AMG.

It's like being in a giant soft comfy sofa. :)

So old skool ... :cool:

If I had the room I would be very tempted, that is a a lovely car, good luck with the sale and I hope it goes to a very good home :thumb:

Iv'e been watching it for a couple of days, looks great in gloss black. As Dash has said, if it were a 350-450 V8....

Last edited:
I had the 450 version, what a great car. Had it for five years.

Looks fantastic from here.

Anyone got a spare 6.9 V8?

Lovely car.

Looks very nice, but not my cuppa tee, looking for a bargain CLS 320 Facelift if that's possible.

Afaik 280SEL never available in UK- what's the story behind it?

It was imported in 1983. My pals mum used to own it , but sadly passed away recently. They have too many cars , so it had to go.

Thats a nice car, very clean too. I wish i had the money and the room spare. brings back fond memories. :)

That looks lovely. Driving a classic around on a daily basis is terrific fun, but not so handy if you want to be discreet. Beautiful car, I hope it went to a good home.

I used to own a 1980 type 116 280se , and really loved owning that car . Despite only being a 2.8 it had a pretty good turn of speed. Mine was silver , but must admit that looks really stunning in black.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom