Rare 1992 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5-16 EVO II with 11K miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark0006

Car
190e
Now this is awesome.

from the article:
This 1992 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5-16 EVO II is number 473 of 502 final cars built for DTM homologation, the selling dealer quoting only 18,000 kilometers from new. Further said to be 100% original, the car looks fantastic in photos with its factory-fitted, drag reducing and downforce generating bidykit and is sold with full documentation

62 pictures and full article

You could almost get a new S63 AMG for that cash .....

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I think it looks ... how shall I put it politely - weird, desperate and ugly. I know the kit is OE / AMG, but it doesn't make it [visually] any less chavtastic ...

I'll get my coat ...

I'll very likely end up in a team of one here, but whilst I love the look of the 190, and this one certainly is a 99% stunning version of the model, the front and rear spoilers just don't appeal. They're too much for what is, IMHO, an understated design, that still retains that look even with the side skirts & wheel arches.

I've got my hard hat on ready!

Team of two maybe...

I must have been composing my reply as you were posting yours GLK!

Perhaps people misunderstand the phrase " built for DTM homologation" These cars were kitted out like this for one reason- to confer eligibility and competitive advantage for saloon car racing. There function takes precedence over form. Here's a couple of videos of them in the environment they were designed for----- not the Essex Cruise scene but the competition track.:dk:

[YOUTUBE HD]GJ8x1AwmwUM[/YOUTUBE HD]

[YOUTUBE HD]_s_j-5LxRWk[/YOUTUBE HD]

I personally think it's cool, not an every day car but one that you could put in a garage and look awesome.

Stunning!

I really like 190 but this one looks like overpriced turbocharged lawnmower and actually doesn't look like Essex Cruiser at all.

I do think it's understandable that the looks are not to everybody's taste but the bodywork is solely for function & homologation, on that basis alone it's awesome, never mind the overall technical spec. Have to admit, I'd prefer an EVO (I).

Some asking price all the same but in a fast & rising market maybe it's achievable to a collector, good luck to the seller but it sure makes EVO's and E30 M3 Sport Evolutions look cheap.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I think it looks ... how shall I put it politely - weird, desperate and ugly. I know the kit is OE / AMG, but it doesn't make it [visually] any less chavtastic ...

I'll get my coat ...

Did you get your coat? :D

No AMG input on the bodywork, all M-B's own hand & wind tunnel.

Arm and leg for sale, one owner. FSH.

149,000 Euro.

Money needed for car above.

That's a lot of money but someone is sure to buy it. Personally I don't like the look of it in plain black BUT looks great when in race livery. Love some of the early DTM Mercs.

That's a lot of money but someone is sure to buy it. Personally I don't like the look of it in plain black BUT looks great when in race livery. Love some of the early DTM Mercs.

It's actually blue/black (199). The photo doesn't do the car justice in fairness, they look a little more cohesive (for the want of a better word) in the flesh, actually they're rather imposing and really do make a statement of intent.

I love these with all of there livery but if I had the choice it would be the evo 1 all day for me, they are perfection...

I'll get my coat ...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..........i agree with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom