Rare calipers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
The nsr brake caliper on my car is seized...as was the replacement.

These are difficult to come by, none being available in the UK from MB. My car uses ATE calipers at the rear though mostly these cars and the w220 S Class use Brembo.

My question is, can I use different, more available, calipers? If so...which ones?

Does anyone have the caliper I need, part no. 0024206783?

TIA.

Last edited:
Can't you get the calipers rebuilt/reconditioned?

The nsr brake caliper on my car is seized...as was the replacement.

These are difficult to come by, none being available in the UK from MB. My car uses ATE calipers at the rear though mostly these cars and the w220 S Class use Brembo.

My question is, can I use different, more available, calipers? If so...which ones?

Does anyone have the caliper I need, part no. 0024206783?

TIA.

You might have to replace both rear in order to switch to brembo but apart from that can't see it being a problem.

There are 2 company's we have used.

CPS Drivelink 0191 482 1690

Brake engineering 01978 667810 / Part No: CA3037 / CA3037R RR left and Right

They may require your core to build, and or pass you onto distributor

Thanks all...I have sent an enquiry to Bigg Red.

just been through the same thing myself with the exact same part number ended up buying used caliper and having them rebuilt

I used bigg red, very happy with the work and price

I will have a spare caliper shortly and was planning to have it rebuilt and sell it on eBay

I tried to be clever and buy the ate caliper listed for the w220 from eurocarparts but it was the wrong size it was approximately 30 millimetres too narrow

Last edited:
Bigg red did the rears on my 212 (seized at 5yrs old!) delivered for £100 the pair. Excellent job.

Did that include painting or only mechanical refurbishment?

Did that include painting or only mechanical refurbishment?

Mechanical only. That included new everything except the bare metal castings. I requested them not to be painted so ain't sure if that would have incurred extra cost. Their turn-round was very quick.

Just to put that into perspective Merc wanted itro £250 per caliper and there were none in the UK when I inquired. Piss-poor for a five yr old car to need these done and even worse that they couldn't supply within one week even for VOR.

Last edited:
Seized calipers at 5 years old. That's really poor.

Bigg red did the rears on my 212 (seized at 5yrs old!) delivered for £100 the pair. Excellent job.

How long did they take..I don't want the car off the road for too long?

The reason for brake fluid to be exchanged every two years:cool:

Done.....always.

Because it absorbs moisture which corrodes things internally. Apart from boiling at lower temps which causes gas in the system so pedal doesn't work when you need it most.

How long did they take..I don't want the car off the road for too long?

Can't remember exactly but they were returned within the same week they were sent. I also needed the car as we were on the point of heading south for Benz on the Green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom