Rare colour C43

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah it does
But it's not a proper Amg pal

HI
could you please elaborate????
thanks

Raj

could you please elaborate????

Just a private joke between them Raj.

The last AMG made with AMG being a separate company to Mercedes was the C/E36; AMG bored out 2.8 to a 3.6. Everything after this is Mercedes with an AMG badge, think Lamborghini before Audi bought them in a sense.

The "43" engine is, in effect, a slightly more tuned Mercedes lump also found in the W220 S430, the W210 E430 and the W208 CLK430. Iirc the standard 430 lump is 275bhp and the "AMG" 43 is 305bhp.

And, having owned three C43's and one C36, the straight six 3.6 suits the W202 chassis better too in my opinion, the later five speed the box to go for.

Well the reason there are not many this colour ,is they were always know as scrap metal cars,bright red Mercedes the Electric Blue Rollers,all bought by people with their tea shirt tucked in their trousers and red braces,they never made much when second hand,most people preferred slightly calmer colours

I like that shape in that colour - I think I did in the early years they were out - especially with the tinted rear clusters.

Never really hankered after one seriously though.

people with their tea shirt tucked in their trousers and red braces,

Oh dear. On the very rare occasion I wear a polo shirt (decorating etc) I tuck it in. I have 2 pairs of red braces (and one black for funerals). I do not possess a t- shirt.

What does this mean? Perhaps I am better not knowing.

Oh dear. On the very rare occasion I wear a polo shirt (decorating etc) I tuck it in. I have 2 pairs of red braces (and one black for funerals). I do not possess a t- shirt.

What does this mean? Perhaps I am better not knowing.

Did you used to work for Lehman Brothers?

If not then your just posh.

Why wouldn't you inflate the price when you are quite clearly struggling at the lower price?:dk:

It looks like it was a private sale prior now going via a dealer!
maybe a local dealer bought it to sell?

either way its more than likely hiding a lot under its red dress ;)

I have seen a few now and as they all say no rust never been painted etc etc you are almost guaranteed that they have rust and have been painted!

Raj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom