Rare Mercedes C111 damaged during unsuccessful theft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cpk

some thieves tried to stole a 1970s-era Mercedes-Benz C111 show car
it seems that they tried to nick it off a lorry bringing it to England while the car waited on a transport trailer for a Channel crossing on its way to the Mercedes-Benz World Brooklands
but they missed out that the car is a mock-up with no engine
still the thieves made significant damage to the C111
find out more on 1970s Mercedes C111 show car unsuccessful theft. World cars news. Mercedes auto news

If this is one of the bright orange models of the 70's, it was my dream car back then. I still have the corgi diecast somewhere. Glad the sobs didn't make off with it.

Me too.

I'd love to own one just so I could stare at it every morning. There is just something about them.

Although is it just me or can a see a few lines shown in the Maserati Bora / Merak. Just like the in the MC12 with the C112

Why try and steal it? - not really the sort of thing you can put on flea-bay. Unless some sheik wanted to add it to his private collection ...

Is that photo in the linky correct? I don't remember the C111 looking like that:

1970s_Mercedes_C111_show_car_unsuccessful_theft-1273920488.jpg

I thought they looked like this:

1969-Mercedes-C111.jpg

???? :dk:

It also had a w*nkel engine which is a close approximation to the description of the thieves that tried to steal a car without an engine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom