Rare Mercs sales figures in UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tali

MB Enthusiast
Car
qashqai
Fascinated by rare Mercs in UK.Figures i have are (not claiming they are 100% correct)
SL60 50
E500/500E (LHD) 29
E36 Coupe 24
E36 Cab 14
E36 estate 12
Other's are Merc 450SEL 6.9 287 (1 more than its BHP!) -an average of 7.15 cars sold per month
300E 4-matics iirc 65%were estate? and less than a 1000 were sold in total.
What about C43 and older Mercs from the 1960s - how many 300SL Gullwings /600Pullman,220-280 Cabriolets,300D Adeneur,300SEL 6.3 were sold in UK?

From the Merc Mag the e36 saloon was the rarest of the e36's, Ive got 1 myslef and know of atleast another owner on the forum, not sure how many there were in total.

From the Merc Mag the e36 saloon was the rarest of the e36's, Ive got 1 myslef and know of atleast another owner on the forum, not sure how many there were in total.
I asked Classic Benz this question when looking at one he had. Only 12 was his answer.

I thought there was only 7 E36T???

I'll have a look to see if I can find the answers as an ex MB employee recently gave me the 124 production figures for each country.

What is surprising is how common 4 -matics are in relation to the AMGs- after all the 4 - matic commanded a thumping 6k premium with very little visual difference and iirc no additional equipment other than the 4wd.
Also only 20 each per year of the S65s- makes them rarer than the SLR!

Was that the 200k+ one he sold for pennies?
Yup, that's the one. Went for under 2 grand :eek:. Ok needed about a grands worth of bodywork to be done to bring it up to MINT condition. Engine wise, puuurrrfect.

The extreme rarity of the E36s is puzzling -other rare Mercs seem to have sold well in relation - which also were available only for a short run

I thought there was only 7 E36T???

I'll have a look to see if I can find the answers as an ex MB employee recently gave me the 124 production figures for each country.

Latest Merc Enthusiast Magazine feature does indeed confirm a surprisingly low 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom