Rare OE for your model??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG UN

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes Vito Sport,Mercedes CLK Brabus, Alfa Romeo Alfetta
Has anyone come across an OE for there car/ Van etc where they have thought, i can honestly say i've either never seen it before or only seen one?? The reason i ask is that those on here that know me, will also know i like retro fitting & OE's. Last year i fitted what i knew was a rarish OE for my van (Electric heated memory seats) which had taken 3/4yrs to find a pair BUT i think I've actually done it & bettered myself as I've just bought some Genuine swivel bases. Which i have never seen but only know of one other person who has had them...
So has anyone else had anything fitted??

I've never personally seen an R129 with option code 481 - sump guard! Seems an odd thing to offer on the SL ... not really designed for off-roading.

Eberspacher auxiliary heater? Might be code H12 looking at my card. I think some Vianos came with a Thermos Flask & an umbrella(I think there are 2 brackets by the door to hold it)or is that taking it too far? BTW did you get your A/C plumbed into the rear in the end? Re the swivel bases I read my manual as soon as I got it & thought great but of course mine doesn't have them, but surely to mention it in the manual they must have been expecting to sell a few.

I've never personally seen an R129 with option code 481 - sump guard! Seems an odd thing to offer on the SL ... not really designed for off-roading.
I had one on my last W210 estate...referred to as "steel carter plate". It paid for itself a couple of times over road humps!!

I have a sump guard in my 126, plus heated rear seats which are rare on a swb 300, it’s also got a manual gearbox, but that along with the town and country horn are waiting to go in it.

Actually, whilst I’m on a roll it’s also got:

Mercedes spare wheel petrol can
Mercedes roof bars and 90s roof box
Oris tow bar
1990s Mercedes tow bar mounted bike carrier
Rubber mats
High level brake light
Centre cubby box

I do like genuine period accessories, now, where’s my coat and the door........

One of the more unusual options on mine is Nightvision. Not sure that would have been top of my list.......

But then again I'd have specced Harmon Kardon with a sodding great sub in the boot which probably wouldn't have featured very high on the list for someone who wanted an infra red camera.

Eberspacher auxiliary heater? Might be code H12 looking at my card. I think some Vianos came with a Thermos Flask & an umbrella(I think there are 2 brackets by the door to hold it)or is that taking it too far? BTW did you get your A/C plumbed into the rear in the end? Re the swivel bases I read my manual as soon as I got it & thought great but of course mine doesn't have them, but surely to mention it in the manual they must have been expecting to sell a few.
AC is still ongoing as I'm still waiting on parts!! Ordered in June & now have been given the date of January for arrival ‍♂️♂️ only one i know of is Zenman had some swivel bases in one of his Vito's

I’ve never seen one with the factory Oris tow bar , but it’s shown in EPC .

I’ve never seen one with the factory Oris tow bar , but it’s shown in EPC .

I know pre-'98 R129s have a 1500kg towing limit so I'm not surprised MB made a towbar ... don't recall seeing this listed as a factory option on my UK price list so maybe a dealer fit item?

I've just sold 2 swivels I bought for my 1st Vito some years back.
After intalling a self fashioned centre console, with drawers, top trays and 2 flask holders, I decided that it was more useful for me than swivel seats that wouldn't because of it.

My Vito has the 'REST' button for what is a storage heater type facility. It allows for 30 minutes of heat when stopped. I first had that in a C class years back and in all the years of having it it's only been used once.
Taxi drivers could do with it, then they could turn their bloody engines off at the ranks.

My Vito has the 'REST' button for what is a storage heater type facility. It allows for 30 minutes of heat when stopped.

I think that button is standard with MB aircon ... it just uses the residual heat in the engine & coolant system. We do use it occasionally e.g. if we park the Vito with the dogs inside in winter - it replaces the warmth lost while we had the doors open to get out. Never used it on either of the cars though.

Reactions: m80
I think that button is standard with MB aircon
I had one c class w/o it.
I was disappointed even though I've hardly used it.

In truth the reason it doesn't get used is on a cold day when I might I just plain forget it's there. Because I don't use it.

I've just sold 2 swivels I bought for my 1st Vito some years back.
After intalling a self fashioned centre console, with drawers, top trays and 2 flask holders, I decided that it was more useful for me than swivel seats that wouldn't because of it.

Where they from a 639?? As far as i remember i dont think they were an option for the Vito only the Viano unless you had a V class..

No not MB, they would have needed some engineering mod to get them to fit. I bought some flat plate steel with the intention, but as said I prefer the centre console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom