Rare s212 e500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It certainly is brown :eek: I don't think the colour will be mistaken for anything else!

For the same money you could have an E63, I should think; with a lot more performance to go with the much more expensive brakes. W212 E500s are rare because there wasn't much demand for them from new, and the used market will likely be small for the same reason.

I'm not sure about Cuprite Brown, however shiny it is, but the leather complements it well.

If it were a seven-seater I think it would be snapped up, but as it is, I think the price is on the high side. However, plenty of people value low mileage pretty highly, and I suspect it won't be around for very long.

For me the attraction is the mileage......and thats about it.:) Is this the same colour as the recent 63 variant that was discussed?

I know the 500's were rare in the E/CLS guise, but the owners/sellers I think are a little optimistic on their pricing to say the least.

Take this for example (you could get a 2013 CLS 63 for the same):

2011 Mercedes CLS500 AMG-Sport w218 (Read Description) | eBay

Nice. Not my cup of tea but I appreciate its rarity - which is what will command its price.
Has its coffee machine got a fault, seeing the cup on the dash! ;) IMG_20190404_184158.jpg I assume coming with all the bells and whistles it comes with one.... :D

I am even more amazed at the number of bozos who describe their cars as rare, even when there are three or four up for sale at the same time.

I see that quite often and it is amusing.

Or "Only one for sale in the country" and there are others.
Or "Only one in this colour in this country still in existence" and I owned one in the same colour which is still running but different to the one being sold.
Or "Cheapest one for sale in the country" and there's one cheaper.

Although these days, many adverts claim any old bull**** just to sell the car knowing that most punters won't know anyway.

Nope the E63 looks better. Frankly for a car that is 2 years newer and with comparable miles I'd take the E63 for £7k more.

I like it a lot and bought a very similar car last year for a similar price (E500 estate) although from a main dealer, so I would say the price is probably about right, of course.
Great colour that. Saw the recent E63 advert but this is nice and understated, even better if you took the badge off...

I quite like it but as most are suggesting it is too much money. Doesn't present great value for me. Also a marmite colour combo. Rare car though and I'm sure someone will want it. Just not sure at that price.

Just because something is rare, doesn’t automatically make it more valuable...

Edited to add: I’m referring to the colour.

Last edited by a moderator:
These really are very rare! I’ve owned one for approaching 4 years and have only seen 6 others come up for sale since then (7 now!). So that’s 8 in total, of which half were bought and are owned by forum members.

This one doesn’t have a very full spec in my view, not many extras added. For a well-spec’d one, take a look at londonscottish’s Tanzanite Blue one.

Pricing is high indeed, but these are in demand and tend to sell fast. All the ones I’ve seen and noted have been asking £17-21k - though I suppose passage of time should see the prices come down and that hasn’t particularly happened. My gut feel is that this would sell pronto for £16-17k.

Certainly interesting and will appeal to many who tire of the usual silver / grey / black combos.

Time will tell if the price is right. I’m reminded of a petrol E350 S212 on 60k. down in Paignton which has been sat around for six months now at £12,950

WILDING MOTORS 01803 559650

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom