Rare W124 Sportline Steering Wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never seen one that shape before. Think its been modified to give the thumb rests etc.

There is another of these for sale and saw one on a car the other day also on ebay.
I think someone is knocking them out somewhere?

Pretty sure these are not OEM Mercedes kit. I have most of the original sales brochures and price lists for W124 Sportline Coupe and Convertible and there is nothing like this mentioned.

I agree ... It probably is the ebay seller himself knocking them out? He has a few different types ..

Pretty sure these are not OEM Mercedes kit. I have most of the original sales brochures and price lists for W124 Sportline Coupe and Convertible and there is nothing like this mentioned.

Original mercedes item but they remade it to look like the Brabus ones

Original mercedes item but they remade it to look like the Brabus ones

Sorry but OEM means original equipment manufacture - I am fully aware that Mercedes offered the Sportline wheel on the W124. If someone has taken a Sportline Wheel off a W124 and then remade it to look like a Brabus item then it is not original. As it stands AFAIK the wheel pictured was never offered on the W124 by Mercedes.

Sorry but OEM means original equipment manufacture - I am fully aware that Mercedes offered the Sportline wheel on the W124. If someone has taken a Sportline Wheel off a W124 and then remade it to look like a Brabus item then it is not original. As it stands AFAIK the wheel pictured was never offered on the W124 by Mercedes.

I did not say it came original like that

I think it would look a little out of place in a W124 - too modern

+1 You can't beat a lovely wood&leather one

It's a re-covered/modified W202 sport wheel.

Yeah wood & leather all the way in W124, and failing that just a good condition standard leather is best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom