Rare W210 E430 4WD?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sold well in the US relatively also. No leather not that unusual in Germany?

"Common as muck"? I don't think so, in any market. There aren't that many around for sale. Have a look at the classified sites in Germany. There are a few, but not many.

It's a lovely thing - I should know. It's my outfit that owns it. Sadly lacks leather, but have to say the fabric seats are in incredible condition. Very surprised.

We'd have kept it for Mrs R to use over the Winter given its braked towing weight and 4x4, but not enough ground clearance - But the condition this E Class arrived onto my stock in led me to an 03 ML500 that we're picking up for her tomorrow instead - Hence joining this site today to research it. Build quality not quite the same I guess, but even so, can't be that far apart.

"Common as muck"? I don't think so, in any market. There aren't that many around for sale. Have a look at the classified sites in Germany. There are a few, but not many.

It's a lovely thing - I should know. It's my outfit that owns it. Sadly lacks leather, but have to say the fabric seats are in incredible condition. Very surprised.

We'd have kept it for Mrs R to use over the Winter given its braked towing weight and 4x4, but not enough ground clearance - But the condition this E Class arrived onto my stock in led me to an 03 ML500 that we're picking up for her tomorrow instead - Hence joining this site today to research it. Build quality not quite the same I guess, but even so, can't be that far apart.

W210s are now more than 11 years old. Look at the US forums (sic) and you will see how common they are. Super rare in the UK because 4matic w210s were not produced in RHD. The fact there are not many for sale in Germany does not make this some sort of super rare model...just more and more getting scrapped everyday.

As for it being a lovely thing...no nicer than any 210, except this one lacks leather, and has the steering wheel on the wrong side.

Build quality...they are super rusty.

Loads of them in the US.

The rust issue is fair but apart from that I would say better built than MLs of that era.
I remember seeing a demonstrator in 02 with water in the headlight. Very plastic if you know what i mean.

Loads of them in the US.

The rust issue is fair but apart from that I would say better built than MLs of that era.
I remember seeing a demonstrator in 02 with water in the headlight. Very plastic if you know what i mean.

I can relate to that! I was a motoring journalist at the time and was loaned an ML55 for a week. Cut out at a junction for no reason at all and wouldn't restart, so they sent me another one. On the replacement car, some of the clips on the bottom of the door card were missing, so every time the door was opened the card caught on the floor. Nice.
Not as bad as the CLK 430 Merc also loaned me some months earlier though - Gearbox died.
I'm figuring if an ML500 has managed 140k miles odd, any issues should be fairly obvious, or already fixed! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom