Rash & R2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
God dam fantastic !!!

Lol is this the photo shoot before the car gets put away for the winter!.....Looking good guys.

And now i can never get away with...."no it does not polish up too well because its silver"............Cheers Rash!

Tony.

Lol, naaa.. Should have a few good months left before winter... Hopefully! :crazy:

And yes, you better keep your ride clean!

" it's silver" is not an excuse! Lol :D

Even without the above the condition of your car is a credit to you, it looks amazing :thumb:

Too right.

Greg drove to Scotland and back, simply jet washed it (don't know what that is.. something involving this stuff called water, I think :dk:) and it came up cracking! :rock:

Rather like yours did after it had rained on your car.

I'm going to have to touch in the two new stone chips I got on the Scotland run. I'll try the cocktail stick approach......then I might even get a bit of polish on my car!

Thanks for the kind comments guys. Rash's car is as near perfect as one can get. My car is as near perfect as you can get when it does 15k a year. This week I've done 1200 miles in it but because of all the layers of polish I can get it back to OK quite quickly :)

I'm going to have to touch in the two new stone chips I got on the Scotland run. I'll try the cocktail stick approach......then I might even get a bit of polish on my car!

Thanks for the kind comments guys. Rash's car is as near perfect as one can get. My car is as near perfect as you can get when it does 15k a year. This week I've done 1200 miles in it but because of all the layers of polish I can get it back to OK quite quickly :)

Your car is in cracking condition. The miles you do don't show at all.

:thumb:

LOL. I did the two stone chips. One is perfect and has become almost invisible...the other one is right mess :( I've used too much paint and will need to polish it flat.

LOL. I did the two stone chips. One is perfect and has become almost invisible...the other one is right mess :( I've used too much paint and will need to polish it flat.

Can you detail your technique please ?

Can you detail your technique please ?

I used factory touch up stick but with a cocktail stick. On the first chip I got it just right but the second one has a mountain of paint in the chip.

I have a similar touch in problem, i.e. too much paint. Please post how you finally polish smooth. Tried it on mine, paint seems too hard!

Great photo's Greg.

Your wheels Rash really suit the car. Have you got use to them yet ?

Shaving stone chip. Carried at out at your own risk.

I had two stone chips on the A pillar after my lastest Scotland run. I touched them in using MB touchup paint of the correct colour applied with a cocktail stick. One of the chips I filled correctly , the other I overfilled leaving a mess.

As requested this is how I fixed the mess:

Before
DSCF2319_zps39f7e37b.jpg

Having let the paint dry solid for two days I then used a sharp knife edge to gently shave the excess paint off. I prepared the area by spraying detailing spray on the paint to lubricate the area and try to avoid the knfe digging into the good paint.

DSCF2322_zps29b1c5eb.jpg

I then got my polisher out and gently polished the area using my normal turtle wax (I didn't dare use a cutting compound as Im a coward!)

After

DSCF2324_zps78c1194a.jpg

Final result is not invisible but you wouldn't notice it at two feet away!

DSCF2326_zps913d1ce0.jpg

Hope this helps!

Great photo's Greg.

Your wheels Rash really suit the car. Have you got use to them yet ?

Hey Peter, hope you are well :thumb:

Sorry for the late reply.

Glad you like the wheels :thumb:

Only done about 20-30 miles on them so far so I'm yet to explore their benefits fully.

But I did notice the difference between these wheels and my old wheels immediately.

I also need to get used to these new Michelin's too.

The grip levels are far different from my old tyres.

Where I would break traction before, these just grip.

Which is great, but when you want to kick the tail out alittle, it takes different throttle modulation than before. Have to adjust to it. The risk is assuming the tail is going to slide.. and it doesn't because of the grippier tyres... resulting in you going straight instead of sliding! Lol :crazy::D

Shaving stone chip. Carried at out at your own risk.

I had two stone chips on the A pillar after my lastest Scotland run. I touched them in using MB touchup paint of the correct colour applied with a cocktail stick. One of the chips I filled correctly , the other I overfilled leaving a mess.

As requested this is how I fixed the mess:

Before
DSCF2319_zps39f7e37b.jpg

Having let the paint dry solid for two days I then used a sharp knife edge to gently shave the excess paint off. I prepared the area by spraying detailing spray on the paint to lubricate the area and try to avoid the knfe digging into the good paint.

DSCF2322_zps29b1c5eb.jpg

I then got my polisher out and gently polished the area using my normal turtle wax (I didn't dare use a cutting compound as Im a coward!)

After

DSCF2324_zps78c1194a.jpg

Final result is not invisible but you wouldn't notice it at two feet away!

DSCF2326_zps913d1ce0.jpg

Hope this helps!

Wont use a cutting compound ...But happy to set about it with an old stanley knife!:eek:
You are a braver man than me.

Tony.

Wont use a cutting compound ...But happy to set about it with an old stanley knife!:eek:
You are a braver man than me.

Tony.

I've used knifes like that loads of times. I use both hands on the knife, one holding the blade tip and then as long as you lubricate the surface you just feel your way gently through the surplus paint. It does take a little practice though!

R2d2 they are great photos you have taken the two cars look the bomb lovin the wheels on both

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom