Rather flashy W212 6.3.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The matt black 1 was

The matt black 1 was

I was referring to the original one that I linked. It's been removed now. The "blue" one. Unsure what the colour is named.

Was this car wrapped as suggested earlier in the thread?
No, it was a Designo Mystic Blue. This car popped up when I was searching my E63 and the colour got me interested but the car was a let down. I haven't seen any other pre-facelift E63 in the same colour in the UK.

No, it was a Designo Mystic Blue. This car popped up when I was searching my E63 and the colour got me interested but the car was a let down. I haven't seen any other pre-facelift E63 in the same colour in the UK.
Forum member on here had a pre-facelift E63 5.5TT in Designo Mystic Blue a while back.

I had a (pre-facelift obviously!) W212 6.2 E63 in Designo Platinum Black Metallic :)

The Designo paint options seem quite rare on these for some reason, which is surprising considering the cost of these cars in general and likewise some of the other optional extras.

I’m pretty sure someone who liked that colour would have snapped that car up @ £20k even if it needed a few £ks spent on it to tidy it up - it’s an appealing colour and a rare opportunity for someone who wants one :cool:

432554A2-6E7C-4115-890D-808BABD2F7BA.jpeg359F9D43-B60D-4822-A6DF-53FF0650B438.jpeg
A tricky colour to capture but really came out in the sun :cool:

£1125 option, but well worth that over the standard metallics IMHO :)

Very similar to Ruben quartz (BMW)
IMG-20200727-WA0002.jpg
[/url]

Very similar to Ruben quartz (BMW)
IMG-20200727-WA0002.jpg
[/url]
Yes, similar metallics but not as reddish in appearance. It actually reminded me a bit of the classic 80s Mercedes-Benz shade ‘blue-black metallic’ but with far more ‘pop’ :cool:

It really didn’t sparkle at first but came up so much better once it had been properly polished (this was a first pass to remove the worst of the holograms!)

08A8187C-E29C-4537-91DB-AF35E1C00AC1.jpeg

Is a loud colour has to be said. When you say it was a let down, was this the service history or the car in general. As it did seem to look in good condition, when looking at the photos, when they were available with the link I attached.

Is a loud colour has to be said. When you say it was a let down, was this the service history or the car in general.
Exhaust was modified. I think headers and straight pipe. Probably an attractive modification for some but too loud for my liking. I love the stock 6.2 sound so it spoiled the car for me. Other than that I think the wheels were a bit scruffy, interior a little tired, odd scratches here and there. Nothing too bad if some money was thrown at it. It's more than a year ago so I don't remember the details.

Exhaust was modified. I think headers and straight pipe. Probably an attractive modification for some but too loud for my liking. I love the stock 6.2 sound so it spoiled the car for me. Other than that I think the wheels were a bit scruffy, interior a little tired, odd scratches here and there. Nothing too bad if some money was thrown at it. It's more than a year ago so I don't remember the details.

Really alot of them things are very easily put right. Especially the tired interior and scratches here and there. The exterior and interior is 10yeara plus so I would expect a little age related wear. No point being a garage queen in my opinion 😉

Headers I think would be a good mod, let that 156 open it's lungs, but straight pipes I think would be over kill. On such a great sounding exhaust note.

Beautiful colour:thumb:
I'd be looking at that if I was after a pre facelift with a 6.2 engine.
Which colour is it? When I clicked yesterday I saw a list, and when I click Ike’s today it said ad expired 😕

Which colour is it? When I clicked yesterday I saw a list, and when I click Ike’s today it said ad expired 😕
Designo Mystic Blue. Never seen an E63 saloon in that colour before.

Oh. My. Goodness. My favourite colour. And it’s sold? Blast!

Are any of your current flock in your favourite colour?

🙁 None in Designo Mystic Blue at the moment.

Neither have I. But Mystic Blue isn't my favourite colour, so no skin off my nose lol. Do have a tealight blue s211 at my disposal, it's no Mystic Blue though😁

The Mystic Blue E63 is back at BCA Nottingham for auctioning this afternoon. It either didn't sell an the dealer is getting rid of it or the person who bought it changed their mind in two weeks and getting something else.

The Mystic Blue E63 is back at BCA Nottingham for auctioning this afternoon. It either didn't sell an the dealer is getting rid of it or the person who bought it changed their mind in two weeks and getting something else.
Either that, or they’re hoping to turn a profit - sometimes stuff at auction makes well over book prices, coupled with a shortage of used cars etc - who knows :)

Interesting. I'd be very tempted if it wasn't BCA, but no way I'm going near them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom