Rather nice W124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks gorgeous in the photos. Always love to see a 124 with front fogs. I think it sets them off perfectly.

There's an E280 Sportline on that site too that looks good.

It sounds like the SH is from the UK. And it does have factory AC. Looks good.

Yes, it would seem to have factory aircon from the pics (although surprisingly it's not mentioned in the text, whereas everything other attribute is - perhaps it doesn't work?). Also it's 4-speed, not 5 (as mentioned under Specification, although they get it correct in the Equipment section). No mention of the engine wiring loom being replaced though.

I don't think it's a Japanese import as I believe those never had switchable transmission (happy to be corrected though!).

Lovely looking car. Such a great period colour. I used to work with an FD who owned a similar S124.

UK car: that 21 stamp service history is with an independent down in Horsham.

Usual caveats about risk of rust, yada, yada. It's cheaper to buy a W221 or W220.

But if you want a W124 and have £8k, why not have a look?

B00002.jpg

It's cheaper to buy a W221 or W220.

Duh, of course I meant its cheaper to buy a W210 or W211 ...

But, that said, it IS cheaper to buy a W220, and even early S350 W221's..... but it's still a great future classic....

Love the colour
Some really interesting stuff for sale there - rather taken with the Renault 5 Turbo 2:cool:

Last edited:
Looks much better on the bigger wheels from the side profile than the E280 Sportline.

The Green E280 is now sold.
Have moved from The Dark Side, I'm naturally attracted to the Alpina E28. Although what were they thinking when they commissioned that deck chair seat fabric?

Beautiful! Colour looks gorgeous too, don't see it very often :cool:

How much was it on for? Seems to have sold pretty sharpish.

Beautiful! Colour looks gorgeous too, don't see it very often :cool:

How much was it on for? Seems to have sold pretty sharpish.
£8000

I could be wrong but the sellers i seem to remember reading somewhere are brokers not dealers, acting on behalf of private sellers. Can anyone confirm this is the case?

£8000

I could be wrong but the sellers i seem to remember reading somewhere are brokers not dealers, acting on behalf of private sellers. Can anyone confirm this is the case?

They sell quite a lot of cars on consignment but some of the cars are their own.

They sell quite a lot of cars on consignment but some of the cars are their own.
Thanks for that insight.

Reactions: SG1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom