Rather rare :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There was a chap on here who bought one similar to that - and it's one I used to see nearly every week on my way home.

Not the same one but certainly not common!

95?? Wiring loom probs? The AMG kit doesn't do it any favours imho as these early cars were a bit "SLAB SIDED" at the best of times. Looks in nice nick otherwise.

Last edited:
I wonder if you could get those chairs in a 124...?

The AMG kit for the c140 is very rare, but the standard offset wheels don't really match the look of the kit. With a period correct set of 18" AMG monoblock IIs it would be much improved. Potenial wiring loom issues aside, it seems to be in great condition and the price is more than fair for a car with so few miles on it.

it seems to be in great condition and the price is more than fair for a car with so few miles on it.

I take it you didnt spot the rust on the driver side front wing, infront of the wheel where the arch meets the bumper?

There was an article in Autocar a few weeks ago about buying cheap older S's, so I guess some of these come out of the woodwork to take advantage of that.

Strangely the article in Autocar never mentioned rust.........

Even stranger the vendor failed to mention the rust either...

Even stranger the vendor failed to mention the rust either...

To me - not mentioning something so obvious is a bit like "what else aren't you disclosing?"

However, I know as a company we are selling a car and the MD deliberately said not to mention the dents the car has in the advert - so there is a school of thought like that.

It's variously described as in 1 excellent condition or 2 impeccable condition
impeccable=immaculate - irreproachable - faultless - perfect

So 1 =OK 2 = incorrect excellent for age would be more accurate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom