Rattle is driving me mad...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Sorry of posting this here - but not sure if it should be under bodywork or interior.

I seem to have a bad rattle emanating from the driver's door. Low speed uneven surfaces seem to be worst - but now I can hear it when it is on idle and in gear. Go into neutral and it goes, as revs rise slightly.

Seems to be inside drivers door - but then sound can travel. Emptied pockets and makes no difference. If I push up on the underside of armrest it goes (sometimes) - so am assuming its inside there somewhere...

Any ideas??? Or do I need to strip the door card out etc? If so is that an easy DIY job for a hamfisted person?

Many thanks in advance:thumb:

I had a rattle inside the drivers side door. It turned out to be electric window mechanism that was causing the problem. Don't think you can fix that without stripping the door card out but it might be worth checking out...

Mine had a loose door lock at one point, was very annoying next to my ear almost - dealer had to go inside the door I think, sounds like it might be similar.

I have a squeak/rattle at the rear near side on my w210 estate.

I think it is the rear seats and have tried all sorts of things with only partial success. Like you say, it seems worse at low speed on an uneven service but there seems to be no telling when noise will be there or not. :wallbash:

I may call and see this guy if it gets any worse.

[YOUTUBE]NEFPldXp_u4[/YOUTUBE]

stripping the door card etc, does that interfere with the SRS air bags etc? that sort of stuff would bother me

IIRC that the air bags are in the seats not the doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom