Rattle when on uneven ground - HELP!! I am going insane!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

horsesuitedfool

Car
C63 AMG Saloon & GL550
When driving at slow speeds over uneven ground i get a rattle/vibration from something that is hitting bodywork somewhere, whatever it is seems like probably is fairly heavy from the noise it makes. I can feel it through the back seat if i put my hand on it, it doesnt seem like its inside the car but its not a knock either, it seems to resonate more than anything else, very odd and very annoying!! Anyone had simliar?? I had it in the air and the exhaust etc is all fine, as is the Cat under the car.....:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

The parking brake cables have a tendency to become unclipped and rub on the prop on the 203's

THANKS!! That sounds very plausable indeed!! The noise is just like something like that and coming from that exact area!! cheers....

SOLVED..... It was indeed the handbrake cables but it was the grommet that was worn by the drivers side rear wheel so cable rattling around in there.......Cheers!!

There was another damn rattle and it was the rear of the undertray rattling both sides againts the rear anti roll bar......Cable tied and now no more rattle finally!!

There was another damn rattle and it was the rear of the undertray rattling both sides againts the rear anti roll bar......Cable tied and now no more rattle finally!!

I think I may have the same problem......undertray to the front of the left wheel tight up against the anti roll bar but good clearance on other side....

Did you just use a cable tie to fix tray tightly to anti-roll bar so it does not flap around??

Cable tie to bind tray to anti-roll bar.....has worked a treat...no more rattles! Thanks horsesuitedfool!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom