Rattling screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rayaans

Car
C200
So Ive had my car for about 6 weeks now.

Ive got some intermittent creaking from the centre screen and also from one of the door wood trim pieces when going over bumps. When I say intermittent, I mean it! Sometimes nothing, other times rattle drives me mad! Also seem to have a buzzing coming from somewhere near the rear view mirror as the dashcam picks it up extremely well.

I presume these would be fixed under warranty or is that too much to hope for?

It's what should mb should advertise when they sell their cars.. warning: creaks galore!

My S213 has a few rattles and creaks but more annoying was a vibrations coming from the head lining, turnout to be the hand grab handles. Fixed it with a stick on rubber pad £1 a sheet full at the £1 shop, working on the other creaks and rattles now but i must say Im not very impressed with the build quality of my 2.5 year old with 21,000 miles on. In the passed ive owned a S211 and a S212 and never had a rattle or creak and they were 8 years old when i changed them with 80,000 and 92,000 miles on the clock.... Mercedes standards seem to have dropped in the last few years !

I mean I've got two creaks and a buzzing.

My Jag XE-S was worse. It cracked and creaked when cold from the interior trim! And the speakers rattled.

Im pretty sure it's the screen on the w205. It creaks when I touch it. I'll try to push for a replacement

My S213 has a few rattles and creaks but more annoying was a vibrations coming from the head lining, turnout to be the hand grab handles. Fixed it with a stick on rubber pad £1 a sheet full at the £1 shop, working on the other creaks and rattles now but i must say Im not very impressed with the build quality of my 2.5 year old with 21,000 miles on. In the passed ive owned a S211 and a S212 and never had a rattle or creak and they were 8 years old when i changed them with 80,000 and 92,000 miles on the clock.... Mercedes standards seem to have dropped in the last few years !
So what was with the grab handles? Just vibrating too much? Ill have a look at mine and see if the buzzing is coming from there.

I mean I've got two creaks and a buzzing.

My Jag XE-S was worse. It cracked and creaked when cold from the interior trim! And the speakers rattled.

Im pretty sure it's the screen on the w205. It creaks when I touch it. I'll try to push for a replacement
They will prolly shove some foam behind it I very much doubt they will give you a new screen

Some people might check the small print on their windshield insurance policy and just smack the windshield with a hammer.

1618696354789.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom