Rattling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
German oil burner
Its not very noticable, but its very irritating for my, and its coming from the back parcel shelf area. I've checked the spoiler, and put pads under where the spiler makes contact with the bootlid but it hasn't solved the problem. Anyone got any ideas as to what it may be? are there rattle hotspots for w202's?

any advice appreciated.

From the front bumper to the rear number plate!! :D :D

Get a passenger in the rear :eek: to press down on various places and see if it goes away.

Notoriously difficult to track down rattles.....

mine was the headrests, when they were down, drove me nuts as i did not find out in time. pull them back up and i was laughing

actually thats reduced some of it (had to pop out of work), but there's still an irritating rattle on humps and any road bumps!

Is yours a facelift model? The 3rd brake light is always rattling on mine, lucky I dont hear it over the music.

Boot spring? Mine developed an occasional rattle after the bracket sheered the other week (as they do) and I had to relocate on a different hole on the bit that was left. Happens very occasionally when stationary, so was able to leap out of the car and locate it. Currently experimenting with bits of rubber to try to stop it.

Ill have a look, its so wierd tho, my old c200 (1995) felt alot more sturdier then this car i have now... was proper solid and survived so much torture... god i loved that car :D

i fixed it! it was the road sign used for when you break down which was situated in the boot.

My rattle from the rear was down to the rear number plate banging against the holder/body when going over bumps.

i fixed it! it was the road sign used for when you break down which was situated in the boot.
Took mine out when investigating my rattle as I thought that was it - have now hung a small flannel over the boot spring and that has stopped my rattle!!

Must remember to put the triangle back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom