RC helicopter help.

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by AANDYY, Aug 29, 2011.

1. AANDYY

AANDYY Active Member

Car:
    E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
    Hello, I've got a Esky Honey bee FP, had it for about 2 years now and kind of given up on it. I'm not sure if it's me or the copter, most probably me.
    I can't fly it, can't even hover it :p.
    I've no interest in joining a club for lessons etc, I did go to one in Thornton near Blackpool, one person tested it briefly but never gave me a definitive answer on what it was like :crazy:.

So my question is, if there is a forum member willing to test it for me, then I will try again to learn to fly it, as now I'm not sure if it's duff.

I'm willing to travel up to about 100 ish miles :thumb:.

I thank you :).

2. BTB 500

BTB 500 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
    Would have been happy to, but I'm too far away.

Main thing is to take it very gradually, get it trimmed out as best you can with very short hops.

The other thing that's a big help is a PC simulator - you can practice on that without breaking anything :D

3. OP
    OP
    AANDYY

AANDYY Active Member

Car:
    E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
    Thanks Bill, seen a few of your Copter threads :thumb:.
    I've been struggling with the trimming as well :doh:, can you recommend any websites for help on setting up these things up?

4. BTB 500

BTB 500 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
    Try browsing RCGroups.com: The ABCs of Radio Control - Aircraft, Boats, and Cars!. It's the biggest r/c forum with sections for all types of model, there are probably some guides posted there.

Another thing ... if you haven't got a training undercarriage that would help. You can buy kits or pretty easy to DIY with some plastic/carbon rod (or dowel), table tennis balls, and cable ties:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. GordonTarling

GordonTarling MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2007 E63 AMG V8 Estate
    Mostly what Bill said, but do consider buying one of the better coax helis - this is easier to fly and will serve to get you used to how the controls react.

1 person likes this.
  6. PhiliusM

PhiliusM Member

Hi,

Try this website Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - HeliFreak I learnt to set up my helicopters pretty much from the videos from this guy.

1 person likes this.
Tags: