RC helicopter help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AANDYY

Car
E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
Hello, I've got a Esky Honey bee FP, had it for about 2 years now and kind of given up on it. I'm not sure if it's me or the copter, most probably me.
I can't fly it, can't even hover it :p.
I've no interest in joining a club for lessons etc, I did go to one in Thornton near Blackpool, one person tested it briefly but never gave me a definitive answer on what it was like :crazy:.

So my question is, if there is a forum member willing to test it for me, then I will try again to learn to fly it, as now I'm not sure if it's duff.

I'm willing to travel up to about 100 ish miles :thumb:.

I thank you :).

Would have been happy to, but I'm too far away.

Main thing is to take it very gradually, get it trimmed out as best you can with very short hops.

The other thing that's a big help is a PC simulator - you can practice on that without breaking anything :D

Would have been happy to, but I'm too far away.

Main thing is to take it very gradually, get it trimmed out as best you can with very short hops.

The other thing that's a big help is a PC simulator - you can practice on that without breaking anything :D

Thanks Bill, seen a few of your Copter threads :thumb:.
I've been struggling with the trimming as well :doh:, can you recommend any websites for help on setting up these things up?

Try browsing RCGroups.com: The ABCs of Radio Control - Aircraft, Boats, and Cars!. It's the biggest r/c forum with sections for all types of model, there are probably some guides posted there.

Another thing ... if you haven't got a training undercarriage that would help. You can buy kits or pretty easy to DIY with some plastic/carbon rod (or dowel), table tennis balls, and cable ties:

IMG_1516%20copy.jpg

Mostly what Bill said, but do consider buying one of the better coax helis - this is easier to fly and will serve to get you used to how the controls react.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom