RDS on car radio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Captain Peacock

Car
E320 cdi Avantgarde
Could someone tell me without having to rake through the car radio manual how to knock off RDS which is causing me grief, think this gives out local traffic reports or something along those lines, but I have never heard this yet.

The problem I have is with local stations, it moves to another local radio station just as I am listening to something, maybe when I go round a bend, so how do we do it, the radio is the bog standard as fitted to E320 cdi

Capt. Peacock

that's not the RDS you need to turn of but the Traffic Announcement. You'll have a button with either TP or TA on it. Press it and you should see the TP/TA dissppear from the radio display. You shouldn't be bothered by the announcements from then on. :D

I'm not sure that's true Pammy, its a feature of RDS the radio will retune if needed, but this often means it will switch between local stations that use the same RDS signal. I have the same problem with Capital 95.8 and my local radion station (101.7), I can't listen to Capital without it switching over.

The only solution is to turn RDS off, but then it wouldn't retune Radio 1 etc when I travel around. I do have TA switched off.

On my stereo Ive got "EON" enhanced other network and "AF" alternate frequency I think one of them tunes into the strongest signal available,Switching that off should stop it.

I don't have those options, just RDS on of off!

RichardM said:
I'm not sure that's true Pammy, .

I misunderstood Capt' Peacock's prob - thought it was the traffic announcements bugging him - not the radio retuning :crazy: For some bizarre reason - obviously prompted by this thread - my radio decided to bleep at me all day today whenever I had the Traffic turned on - so I turned it off - no bleeping :crazy: Off to look at the book to see what that's all about :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom