Re: 4 wheel tracking.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chesterpiglet

Car
Mercedes W211 E280 Cdi Sport Estate
Hi all.
The annual MOT has just come & gone with my car requiring some work for the MOT but amongst the work needed was "leaking" front shock absorber. My garage advised replacing both with Sachs OE & said the top mounts need replacing too & as a result you will need the tracking done. I can never decipher these reports- the main question being is it all set up correctly? Can anybody help please? Also is £120 a fair price? I have only ever had the fronts done before on a Hunter machine as the van was too high to access the rears(in their workshop) & this was £30 with a printout. Prior to this the tyre wear was even. Thanks Rob

Attachments

• IMG_9509.JPG
    IMG_9509.JPG
    453.6 KB · Views: 10
It is usually the case than when changing suspension components that tracking after is recommended.

If your not convinced it will need it, than just take it for a scan where they will show the current GEO and how far out of alignment it is. Then you can make your decision from there.

In regards to price i would probably expect to pay that price for a performance car.

If your still in pinner based from your signature i would give Tithe Farm Tyres a shout or Wheels in Motion.

WiM is highly rated amongst many marques and owners clubs.

I just had a Hunter alignment on my CLS.
The intial check was FOC but the front needed adjustment @ £29.95.
It would have been another £20 if the rear needed doing.
No brainer really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom