Re airbag light flashing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike1308

Car
Mercedes e350 v6 diesel 2011
Had my airbag light starting to flash on my dash.my uncle looked under the passenger seat, and underneath it he could see that there was a plastic bottle wedged right up to a plastic box where all the electrics are and the box had been bent up slightly.where the bottle was wedged, he said that this is the issue.and my car will be ok to use until he can get my car in to sort it.

Apologies but does this sound about right?

Or is there anyway of solving the issue myself so i dont have to wait?

Merc e350 2011 cabriolet

Mike

You'll need to reset the SRS warning light on the dash using a fault code reader such as STAR (dealer of garage) or iCarsoft (DIY).

The scanner will also show you what the fault code is, before erasing it.

If after erasing the fault code it then comes back, the issue has not been resolved.

A common issue, BTW, is a faulty Front Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor, it's a sort of mat with pressure sensors located inside the passenger seat that tells the SRS system if the front passenger seat is occupied or not.

But of course, it's possible that issue was indeed caused by the pressure applied to the connections box under the seat. The fault code reader will tell you what caused the fault.

You'll need to reset the SRS warning light on the dash using a fault code reader such as STAR (dealer of garage) or iCarsoft (DIY).

The scanner will also show you what the fault code is, before erasing it.

If after erasing the fault code it then comes back, the issue has not been resolved.

A common issue, BTW, is a faulty Front Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor, it's a sort of mat with pressure sensors located inside the passenger seat that tells the SRS system if the front passenger seat is occupied or not.

But of course, it's possible that issue was indeed caused by the pressure applied to the connections box under the seat. The fault code reader will tell you what caused the fault.
Ok thanks mark much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom