Re dynoed my K2 E55 again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricky s

MB Enthusiast
Car
cars
Just to give an update to my previous thread 3-4 weeks back, regarding CPR at Warrington achieving 645BHP from the mods I had them do recently on my W211 E55. Given this output was questionable, I have taken it down to Surrey Rolling Road Ltd this morning to re run the car, the result 603BHP and 597Lb torque, again these figues exceed my original expectation of 560ish for K2 package, so I,m happy, but won't be doing these runs again, its quiet painful seeing and hearing the car on the rollers. Charlie, the owner of SRR, (very informative and helpful guy), told me before he ran the car, that with the mods I have, he was expecting around 600 at max, he had another E55 with these mods on a while back with just over the 600, so he was not far from spot on. Will be looking again next year to carry out somemore mods, prehaps further exhaust work, given the noise some of the cars at the AMG meet last Saturday made, it was an awesome sound.

with that amount of power does the dyno allow the drive wheels to run very fast on them developing when developing full power so the wheels can maintain grip with the rollers? If not I imagine you would have to put 2 or 3 big blokes in the back of the car to hold it down !

I often wonder what would happen to a dyno if I put one of my large tractors on it. Ok I guess in theory it could handle the power but definitely not the torque, I guess the rollers would literally be ripped out the ground.

dyno graph?

sounds really good, post some pics would love to see it!

Nice one, keep us informed of anymore changes.

Just to give an update to my previous thread 3-4 weeks back, regarding CPR at Warrington achieving 645BHP from the mods I had them do recently on my W211 E55. Given this output was questionable, I have taken it down to Surrey Rolling Road Ltd this morning to re run the car, the result 603BHP and 597Lb torque, again these figues exceed my original expectation of 560ish for K2 package, so I,m happy, but won't be doing these runs again, its quiet painful seeing and hearing the car on the rollers. Charlie, the owner of SRR, (very informative and helpful guy), told me before he ran the car, that with the mods I have, he was expecting around 600 at max, he had another E55 with these mods on a while back with just over the 600, so he was not far from spot on. Will be looking again next year to carry out somemore mods, prehaps further exhaust work, given the noise some of the cars at the AMG meet last Saturday made, it was an awesome sound.

Ricky,

Good to meet you at bluewater. Still really surprised the car is producing 600, but I would not be complaining.

What was the at the wheels figure?

Ricky. That's very good bhp. But all dyno machines do differ

Thanks acid

...Charlie, the owner of SRR, (very informative and helpful guy)....
A well respected chap on many forums - his rollers are known for being pretty accurate as he's completely independent. Did you have a look at the graphs on the wall? :D

Ricky, id be happy with that, i wouldnt worry abt putting any more power down until you have the gearbox shifting sorted. :)

A well respected chap on many forums - his rollers are known for being pretty accurate as he's completely independent. Did you have a look at the graphs on the wall? :D

His dyno might well be accurate, but nobody should ever trust a calculated power at the flywheel figure, as it is at best a guestimate.

Great start to this reply, just poured a whole glass of chablis into the key board! Ugh!Sorry to not get back sooner, been in and out of the forum, but no time, work is horrendous at mo. just to answer some of the posts,
Benzed up, sorry have both of the graphs, but no scanner I,m afraid, will bring them to next AMG meet.
E55, very good to meet you also, along with Alps and Lopez in all your E55s, the cars all looked brillant.
Nisfan, 486 at wheels mate.
Brabus K8, CPR and SRR have the same dyno, thats why I took it to SRR, so as I may have a direct comparison, however theres a big difference with the results as you see, I,m more swayed to SRR recording, Charlie seemed a very switched on guy. This said, the fact that the E55 is switched to dyno mode for these power runs, as I understand it, the car is very scary in this mode, alot of the computer saftey aspects are switched off, sorry, not had the bottle to test it in this mode myself as yet, which basically asks the question, with dyno mode off in most occassions, surely the car as an everyday event is running a lot less BHP anyway, so whats the point, of a recorded, 400BHP, 500BHP or 600BHP what ever, if it needs you to run this car in the dyno mode for those results! Wont be investing any more monies on additional power for the mo.
Alps, good to see you the other evening mate, thanks for all your advice and help, and your right, the cars seems quite nippy now, don't need more power, and I,m more focussed to sound (the cars at the AMG meet sounded awesome), stopping and suspension for next years budget, this years been and gone budget wise, however, I am really trying to afford one of these euroteck rear CF diffusers for my xmas pressie, thinking they look very sexy! wifey must;nt know, or I,m in trouble!
Have a good weekend all.

Ricky S thanks for the answer, 486 at the wheels is a good figure.

Dyno mode just turns off TC/ ESP and perhaps gear selection programme, but doesn't alter engine parameters, so engine power will be same on the street as it is on the dyno. TC must be turned off, as the front wheels are stationary whilst on the dyno, and the ESP/TC would be doing a fit otherwise.

I am interested in two mods you mention:

Quaife LSD, did you get this directly from Quaife? What sort of cost was the parts only?

Davis Craig pump, what are you using this for?

Cheers

Hi Nisfan, the quaife lsd and the Davis craig pump where both installed by CPR at Warrington, at the same time as the other mods I had done. The Quaife has been monies well spent, I can feel it out on the road. The cost of the quaife was £775 for unit £200 for new OEM bearings and seals and £600 I believe for fitting. The DC pump was to replace the original OEM pump, I believe it pumps a lot more fluid than the original to assist the new IC unit that was also fitted. Sorry to not be a little more clearer on these subjects, I know absolutly nothing about cars, only what I have recently been educated about.

Ricky,
Thanks for the answer. I really like helical diffs, I have one in my track car and it works really well. Good to know Quaife make one to fit Merc diffs.
Ah, so DC pump is for IC water, good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom