Re: I think gob smacked would be an understatement!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chesterpiglet

Car
Mercedes W211 E280 Cdi Sport Estate
Partners daughter & son in law live in a flat in Lyon with "secure underground" parking(I use the term loosely)accessed with an electronic fob, not only a main front door but each garage has it's own internal door. They are in their mid 20's, work very hard & took delivery of a new VW Polo just one week ago. She parked it in their allotted parking space 3 floors down as per normal. On her return in the morning she was greeted by this sight! Presumably it was stolen to order as this was all that was taken. Professional & very neat job. It's a nice little car in an attractive colour but it is just an everyday runabout, it is nothing special in terms of performance etc but these are the steps these individuals will go to to earn a few Pounds/Euros. To cap it all they let the garage fire extinguisher off inside the car to supposedly eradicate any fingerprints. Totally unbelievable- when she sent us the photos we couldn't understand what we were looking at. Hopefully it was just a one off to order theft but are there any dashcams that send a message to a phone alerting the owners to movement nearby(or when the garage door is open)?

Attachments

• Iris Car.jpg
    Iris Car.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 113
Bloody hell. Presume stolen to order for another car that’s has a front end shunt.

Jesus! That's bad, and the interior must be in a bl00dy state too, ok it's insured, but the hassle to get that sorted. I really do hope the thieves drop dead, that won't happen I know, but one can hope. 🤬

Holy cow, who the hell manages the garage security....I'd be having words. That's ridiculous someone can strip the front end off and no-one notices.

As Darrell said they must have seen the car before & followed it to the garage(just bad luck they spotted this car which met their requirements). Apparently the thieves used an "emergency function" to enter the outer door & then presumably forced the inner one. The assessor has already been & thinks it will be a total loss so they will get a new car(it was only 1 week old)but with excess & future premium increases for next year. Without the extinguisher damage it would probably have been repaired. As for being disturbed- the parking would be quiet after midnight & of course they may have been able to close the inner door too as the car is small. They are being philosophical about it & we've told them it was a one off order but it's still its worrying for them- they were so proud of the car. Just goes to show that we must be ever more vigilant to thwart these individuals. I can well remember having a car radio stolen in the 1980's & also thinking "I'm sure I parked it here" when my Golf & Land Rover were stolen but opening the garage door to that would have left me speechless!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom