Re-map - Happy Times

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Had my W211 E320 CDI re-mapped by a local tuner today. They use Quantum re-maps which seem to be a pretty big business and I can't fault the chaps knowledge and advice.

I have owned a re-mapped car before but it was already done when I bought it so to see the difference in my E320 first hand, having owned it stock for 2 years is great. Should be running around 240bhp now but 420lbs of torque so has made a big difference.

The last 2,700 miles have averaged 44mpg so I'll reset the clock and see if the re-map has given me any MPG gains.

Either way, very pleased with the result! :)

About 2-3mpg so not a huge difference but any improvement is good right. The torque and throttle response is the best part though.

I used to feel that my partners CLS350 CDI felt more responsive that big quicker. There way round now. :)

Don't you have a CLS63? Is that remapped? 650BHP and 1000Nm is quite nice :D

Don't you have a CLS63? Is that remapped? 650BHP and 1000Nm is quite nice :D

I do although being n/a doesn’t see quite the same percentage gains. I think a Quantum Remap will take it to 540bhp or so. It doesn’t feel lacking in power as is though haha

I certainly can't complain about the noise that's for sure. :)

Got my daily mapped at Msl, was waiting with a guy who was having his 2ltr diesel bmw done.

He said “so what has it got at the moment?”
I said “around 575bhp”
He said “and you want MORE!!!”
I just smiled
683bhp is niiicce!

View media item 7937

Had my W211 E320 CDI re-mapped by a local tuner today. They use Quantum re-maps which seem to be a pretty big business and I can't fault the chaps knowledge and advice.

I have owned a re-mapped car before but it was already done when I bought it so to see the difference in my E320 first hand, having owned it stock for 2 years is great. Should be running around 240bhp now but 420lbs of torque so has made a big difference.

The last 2,700 miles have averaged 44mpg so I'll reset the clock and see if the re-map has given me any MPG gains.

Either way, very pleased with the result! :)

torque tastic !

It's 4 months since your re-map, what are your impressions now? fuel consumption etc?

Still very very impressed. Car feels responsive and ‘nippy’ almost like a hot hatch in terms of throttle input.

Economy wise, perhaps 1-2mpg better. I’m literally down in Bristol as I type this after a 140 mile drive, the car was indicating just over 50mpg after the initial warm up.

Also, never really use kick down now as in gear torque is more than enough to overtake at motorway speeds.

That sounds very impressive! I've got the same model, so will now make enquiries about getting my re-mapped using the Quantum system.

I honestly can’t complain for the value and difference it’s made. It feels sharper and quicker than my other half’s CLS which has the newer V6 diesel with 220bhp.

I haven’t had the car on the rollers before or since but there’s certainly a marked difference from before to now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom