Re-mapping an SL55.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
MB SL55 AMG (with '030' Package). C180 Bluefficiency SE Executive auto estate.
I'm in the New Forest in Hampshire and would like to know if anyone can recommend somewhere with a good reputation so that I can take my SL55 for a re-map. I'm quite close to one outlet with a good reputation that is worth a visit just to see the exotica lined up outside, but they charge at least twice as much as other people are asking so I'm going to ask for help on this one. I'm interested in hearing about anyone in Hampshire, Dorset or W.Sussex or maybe slightly further afield if they offer a really good service.
Let's hear about the good ones and perhaps the ones to steer clear of.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Derek.

Acid at MSL will be recommended for sure. Everybody says he is the best combination of service, price and results.

Olly and the boys at PCS in Horndean is a recommend, not far from you either, fitted my Eurocharged cooling HE map and pulley.

+1 for Olly/PCS in Horndean near Portsmouth, if he cant do it he will point you in the right direction.

+2 for Olly.

Have a chat with him about a pulley as well as the large ginger gentleman above mentions. May as well make it worth mapping. :)

Incidentally, I'm a customer/guinea pig of MSL as mentioned above, though for what you need then PCS will sort you out locally and the car will be well sorted.

+3 for Ollie.

Had lots of work done there on my SL55 by Ollie and the boys. Including LSD, exhaust, re-mapping, pulley, suspension lowering module, heat exchanger and water pump. All work done to very high standard and not far from where you are.

Olly will sort you out.

MSL get a lot of praise on hear too but a bit further away from you.

Thanks for all the replies and after seeing the same name come up I've spoken to Ollie who's answered all of my questions including the reason for the high quote that I had from the first company I went to. All that's left to do is make that appointment.
Derek.

Olly and PCS have a great reputation, i am sure you will be well sorted:thumb:

Thanks for all the replies and after seeing the same name come up I've spoken to Ollie who's answered all of my questions including the reason for the high quote that I had from the first company I went to. All that's left to do is make that appointment.
Derek.

Agreed , go to Ollies

Close to you too , Birmingham might as well be on the moon from where you are.

People forget that other people remap cars other than MSL ;)

I use MSL and Acid as they are closest to me and have always served me well...but I would have no hesitation in using the other recommended tuners if my location was close to them...they are all dedicated professional enthusiasts:thumb:

Agreed , go to Ollies

Close to you too , Birmingham might as well be on the moon from where you are.

People forget that other people remap cars other than MSL ;)

Last edited:
I go there (new forest) a lot , does Olly re map all AMG cars ?

Last edited:
From where I live in the New Forest, PCS is to the east of me and north of Portsmouth on the A3. Their Post Code is PO8 0BJ. I spoke to Ollie on 02392 570123 and he was quite happy to explain everything to me so you're only a phone-call away from finding out if he can help you as well.
If you scroll up to the third reply in the thread there is a link directly to the PCS
website.
Derek.

DSB SL AMG said:
I use MSL and Acid as they are closest to me and have always served me well...but I would have no hesitation in using the other recommended tuners if my location was close to them...they are all dedicated professional enthusiasts:thumb:

OP States he lives in Hampshire , and would like a recommendation local ( Hampshire , w Sussex ) or slightly further afield.

I know you guys AMG's are fast but not warping time and space fast , which is what they would need to do to describe Birmingham as 'slightly further afield' from Hampshire ;)

My point was that there are other reputable tuners out there , everyone immediately says MSL regardless of where the OP lives it seems ?

Merry Christmas everyone !

OP States he lives in Hampshire , and would like a recommendation local ( Hampshire , w Sussex ) or slightly further afield.

I know you guys AMG's are fast but not warping time and space fast , which is what they would need to do to describe Birmingham as 'slightly further afield' from Hampshire ;)

My point was that there are other reputable tuners out there , everyone immediately says MSL regardless of where the OP lives it seems ?

Merry Christmas everyone !

To be fair Howard it really doesn't matter if people recommend MSL, even if they are further away than any competition. People travel to MSL performance from all over england for a reason. People travel to Ollie from all over england for a reason. People travel eurocharged from all over etc etc
And us by the way.
I don't get your point?

Lol I'm not sure I have one. :eek::fail

All I was getting at is that the op asked for a local mapper which suggested he didn't want to travel miles.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick , apologies.

What gains can be expected from a basic"if that's the word"remap or would you have to do other bits and bobs sorry for the dumb question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom