Re Mapping ECU

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunny

Car
1999 CLK 320 elegance 2001 C200 Kompessor Avantgarde
A few weeks ago a mate put me in touch with a guy who had the kit to carry out re-maps of MB ECU's.

After speaking with the guy on the phone I have decided not to use him as I am a sceptical in using someone that -

1. I dont know very well & charges £350.00 for the pleasure.
2. Can't give the exact Increased BPH figures expected.
3. Doesn't give any guarantees or reciepts.

Does anyone know of a reputable company (or people) that can do this mod to a W203 C200 Komp & are based in or near to the North East of England.

Thanks

Gunny

Gunny,

The C200K (163BHP) is quite nippy as it is and I doubt that you would be able to notice a signiciant increase in power from remapping the ECU (and doing so could lead to potential problems further down.

I personally would leave it alone and perhaps splash the £400 on some new upgraded alloys or something....

Flash

Gunny,

I agree with you in regards to your doubts. The 200k (as Flash will no doubt agree with me) is already too fast for my driving licence so i too would leave this mod alone. If you really want it done then you cant stick a chip in it as future expensive problems could arise. If i keep my car i will be going for the £1400 Brabus increase (the K3 kit) which remaps the ECU with tested settings and replaces the exhaust system and airfilter with it. Its a fair bit more expensive but it will be warranteed and has undergone mileage testing from a true tuner of MB.

plus you nearly tip the 200bhp scales after. which would be nice for the pokice in my case! DOH! ;)

I used to have great fun in my former C200K saloon. Used to feel great sprinting of the mark and when the Kompressor used to kick at all speeds.

If going to chip then go down proper route as Richie suggested and remapping the ECU alone will make something go wrong without doubt at some point I (not good if u are going to keep the car long term..)

Flash

I used Sanspeed in London who use Superchip. We used three different maps and six rolling road sessions to tune my C200 (no kompressor). This produced, together with bosche plugs and a K and N filter an increase from 136bhp to 150bhp and peak torque from 140lbft to 183lbft. i.e. 30% increase in peak torque. It now does 137mph top speed and 0-60 in 9 sec ish. Fuel economy is about 10% better max when cruising. Cost £295.

R2D2 said:
This produced, together with bosche plugs and a K and N filter an increase from 136bhp to 150bhp and peak torque from 140lbft to 183lbft. i.e. 30% increase in peak torque.

Aren't K & N Filters notoriously known to kill the MAF Sensor ?

Flash

I never had any problems but I've taken it out at the moment to try and stop me driving so fast. I'm getting camera shy!

they basically offer the karlsson etc kits which are pretty similar to the brabus but without the new exhaust etc or all the testing!

I reckon brabus is the best way to tune a merc, hence their impeccable status already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom