Re mapping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex southon

Hi all looking for your advice.

I've just brought a new 2015 c220 estate amg line which I'm very happy with but I'm thinking I want to get it re mapped for a little extra power will this affect my warranty? Would you recommend anyone?

Thanks

Alex

If you go for a remap (and merc find out) yes you're warranty will be void - suggest maybe a diesel tunning box until the warranty has expired at least ?

Unless you don't care then go for it - had my CLS 320 remapped by Indigo GT in Tredegar, South Wales last weekend :)

Get a Brabus box. Covered by MB warranty. Just had my 2014 E350 S212 AMG Sport fitted with one - D6S. Extra bhp and torque, you really feel the difference.

kithands said:
Get a Brabus box. Covered by MB warranty. Just had my 2014 E350 S212 AMG Sport fitted with one - D6S. Extra bhp and torque, you really feel the difference.

What sort of money would that be pall park and any links please?

£1800+ including fitting from MB Milton Keynes.

kithands said:
£1800+ including fitting from MB Milton Keynes.

That's a fair old bit of outlay but suppose you have peace of mind with the warranty situation.

Thx

Also insurance companies are a lot easier on MB fitted upgrades.

If you go for a remap (and merc find out) yes you're warranty will be void

It won't void the 'whole car warranty', only the warranty on items that the failure could be related to the modification in question.

I.e. If your Sat nav fails, they can't blame that on a remap.

So you're only looking at specific output related failures in engine and transmission.

All other items will still be covered.

And remember dealers need warranty work, (paid for by MBUK not the dealer) it's a significant chunk of their income, they will always try to make sure they get it approved, they're not in the business of shooting themselves in the foot.

BMW dealers were quite happy to replace parts on my 2year old 335i , even £700 fuel pumps, despite it being fairly heavily modified and having no dealer service history.

Last edited:
In a similar vain, I had no problems with LR replacing front diff internals and two pulleys and drive belt on this within its 3 year warranty...
RRbumperwheels.jpg

RRtyres013.jpg

cheers, Steve

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom