RE: Nintendo Wii for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Can I just say that I think this is exploitation at its very worst. :crazy:

If you want a Wii for christmas, just buy it from France or come to that any other European country than the UK at the correct RRP. Dont fall for these rip-off inflated prices.

The shelves are stacked full of them just 13 miles across the channel. If you dont like buying online from abroad, just hop on a ferry.

Part of me agrees with you, but the other part of me likes watching supply and demand economics in action! :)

Says he who ordered a DS Lite from US Amazon and had it shipped to his US office and forwarded to the UK by colleagues... ;)

Says he who ordered a DS Lite from US Amazon and had it shipped to his US office and forwarded to the UK by colleagues... ;)
Isn't that avoidance of import duty and VAT, rather than supply and demand economics?! :D

Spike

"Dont fall for these rip-off inflated prices"

Having imported several cars and saved an awful lot of money over the years I like to think I'm reasonable switched on.

However if People want a Wii (no jokes please) and someone Has one albeit at a higher price with both happy to sell / buy then that's their choice?

What suprises me is that they are still in short supply 12 months on.

The point is there is no real supply shortage.

The British consumer is being duped into thinking there is and is being led to beieve they have to pay these sky high prices.

Isn't that avoidance of import duty and VAT :D

I hope so! Alistair Darling gets enough of my hard earned as it is. Oops, political...
redcard.gif

I hope so! Alistair Darling gets enough of my hard earned as it is. Oops, political...
redcard.gif

LOL :D

I've never figured out why they're so hot on items coming in from the US, but virtually ignore Japan (for example). I've NEVER had to pay VAT and duty on anything coming in from outside the EU ... apart from stuff from the USA :confused:

I bought a new camera recently, and the case for it wasn't available anwhere in the UK. So I bought from a shop in Japan ... total price (incl. shipping) was £39, versus UK RRP (excluding p&p obviously) of £49.99. Not only that, it arrived in THREE DAYS!

If you want a Wii for christmas, just buy it from France or come to that any other European country than the UK at the correct RRP. Dont fall for these rip-off inflated prices.

The shelves are stacked full of them just 13 miles across the channel. If you dont like buying online from abroad, just hop on a ferry.

hi spike thanks for reminding me ....2 left now:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

and by the way i don't give a rats a*** about what people choose to spend there money on ....

Last edited:
hi spike thanks for reminding me ....2 left now:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

and by the way i don't give a rats a*** about what people choose to spend there mony on ....

With all of that profit you're making maybe go and treat yourself to a dictionary? ;)

:bannana: :D never a strong point spelling .... unlike selling ....:eek: my ordar far a dicshonary has gone in to WHsmiffs

1 left now:bannana:

how true this is i dont know but one has sold for £2259. on e bay yesterday ,,,,,also buying one in france means if it breaksdown under warranty will you have to take it back to france?

Has anyone got any recommendations for buying one at the best price please?

Regards
John

Has anyone got any recommendations for buying one at the best price please?

Regards
John

hi john if your after one the be careful as the Euro version requires a plug adapter to convert it to UK..... also people have been cutting plugs and wiring up a 3 pin and sell them as uk systems .....they are also selling Japanese Wii that only play jap games ...and run in NTSC we are PAL ...if you have a problem with the system down the line the warranty is null and void in uk..... but not if you take it back to it country and place you got it from .Nintendo will the repair it through warranty....Evan the shops are selling Euro ones..... so when you ask about the best price .... there is a lot more to consider thats if you can find one ....as all the sites run out well before you get a chance to buy one ....as the site crashes ...

how true this is i dont know but one has sold for £2259. on e bay yesterday ,,,,,also buying one in france means if it breaksdown under warranty will you have to take it back to france?

When my second hand parrot stopped squawking I emailed "Monsieur Perroquet de Paris" who kindly asked me to return it to him whereupon he fixed it foc and flew it back to me within 7 days....!!

LOL :D

I've never figured out why they're so hot on items coming in from the US, but virtually ignore Japan (for example). I've NEVER had to pay VAT and duty on anything coming in from outside the EU ... apart from stuff from the USA :confused:

I bought a new camera recently, and the case for it wasn't available anwhere in the UK. So I bought from a shop in Japan ... total price (incl. shipping) was £39, versus UK RRP (excluding p&p obviously) of £49.99. Not only that, it arrived in THREE DAYS!

A bit off topic but if you bring things in from th US on a regular basis it might be worth getting an account with these: www.usglobalmail.com I rent a forwarding address off them and get all my purchases from the US sent via them - you can then mark a suitable value on the customs decloration (after all the goods are now second hand ;))

When my second hand parrot stopped squawking I emailed "Monsieur Perroquet de Paris" who kindly asked me to return it to him whereupon he fixed it foc and flew it back to me within 7 days....!!

yes that is what will happen with the nintendo ....but price up international insured signed for with a pakage like that .... and then the return as well ....as they want the whole set returning .....

hi john if your after one the be careful as the Euro version requires a plug adapter to convert it to UK..... also people have been cutting plugs and wiring up a 3 pin and sell them as uk systems .....they are also selling Japanese Wii that only play jap games ...and run in NTSC we are PAL ...if you have a problem with the system down the line the warranty is null and void in uk..... but not if you take it back to it country and place you got it from .Nintendo will the repair it through warranty....Evan the shops are selling Euro ones..... so when you ask about the best price .... there is a lot more to consider thats if you can find one ....as all the sites run out well before you get a chance to buy one ....as the site crashes ...
Apologies to Sp!ke for butting in but hints are being dropped about Christmas presents. :eek: :eek: Am I correct in thinking I will need to but an extra handset for any two player games?

Regards
John

Apologies to Sp!ke for butting in but hints are being dropped about Christmas presents. :eek: :eek: Am I correct in thinking I will need to but an extra handset for any two player games?

Regards
John

yes john but there hard to find as well ..... if you go for the wii play then that has wii play games 9 of ....and the extra controller ...

yes john but there hard to find as well ..... if you go for the wii play then that has wii play games 9 of ....and the extra controller ...
Thanks very much,
So do I just search for 'Wii play' and will that then have the complete package that you have described.

Apologies for being fikk but no sleep for two days and my brain is ga ga.

Regards
John

Re. Euro plugs, Maplin do a really nice converter for £3 that goes around the continental 2-pin. It's as good as having a proper UK plug fitted, and no warranty worries:

mw44x.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom