Re: Rear glass replacement claim whilst abroad.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chesterpiglet

Car
Mercedes W211 E280 Cdi Sport Estate
Hi all.
Apologies if this is the wrong place. Despite telling myself not to trust the rear parking sensors I still do & now need a new rear screen for my Viano W639. I am going to claim on my Glass Policy of the Insurance but I am stuck in France so who knows when I'm going to get back. Has anybody any experience of a glass claim whilst abroad. All taped up & watertight so other than not looking great it could wait until I get back.
Any thoughts appreciated. Many thanks Rob.

The best would be to call your insurer and ask them. If they have a representative office/company in France don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

Check how many days you're policy allows you to be abroad before claiming?

Whilst in France in August my drivers window was shattered by a stone from my ride on mower. Rang my insurance company (Aviva) who arranged through Autoglass France to replace the window on my Vito at a local branch ( 40 km ) at a time convenient to me. All very professional and English speaking. Great service.

Just a quick update to say I phoned them on the Wednesday & I think I went straight through to the Glass Claims Company. Women very friendly & helpful. Everything happened as & when they promised. Updates on 3 or 4 occasions resulting in the glass being fitted on the Saturday at the local fitter. All very good at every level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom