Re Sports Exhaust question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Furbs

Car
C63 estate
I have just purchased a lovely C63 Estate 2015. Delighted so far and have spent time today reading the manual and getting used to all the buttons and switches....
My question was re the exhaust? The dealer advertised the car as having a 'Sports Exhaust' Did this come as standard on this model as I am puzzled as the manual, under 'AMG Sport Exhaust' shows a button on the centre consul that enables the opening/closing of an exhaust flap? I have no button on mine? Very happy with the noise just a bit puzzled as to whether I have or have not got the Sort Exhaust ?? Any explination would be appreciated.

I have just purchased a lovely C63 Estate 2015. Delighted so far and have spent time today reading the manual and getting used to all the buttons and switches....
My question was re the exhaust? The dealer advertised the car as having a 'Sports Exhaust' Did this come as standard on this model as I am puzzled as the manual, under 'AMG Sport Exhaust' shows a button on the centre consul that enables the opening/closing of an exhaust flap? I have no button on mine? Very happy with the noise just a bit puzzled as to whether I have or have not got the Sort Exhaust ?? Any explination would be appreciated.
All W205 C63's came with the 'Sports Exhaust' (re: Default option), which means you have a single butterfly valve in the centre section, which opens on cold start and variably depending on your throttle position (as far as i'm aware).

However, the button you're talking about is the 'Switchable Exhaust', which comes with an extra pair of butterflies (one in each back box) and can be opened and closed at will using a button the centre console. The sound is deeper and louder with that option. I passed on a number of cars until I found one with 'the button' as it was a deal breaker for me.

All W205 C63's came with the 'Sports Exhaust' (re: Default option), which means you have a single butterfly valve in the centre section, which opens on cold start and variably depending on your throttle position (as far as i'm aware).

However, the button you're talking about is the 'Switchable Exhaust', which comes with an extra pair of butterflies (one in each back box) and can be opened and closed at will using a button the centre console. The sound is deeper and louder with that option. I passed on a number of cars until I found one with 'the button' as it was a deal breaker for me.
That I believe is the Performance exhaust. Newbies may get confused thinking the Sports exhaust is the same.

As above if you don't have the button it's a sports exhaust if you have the button it's the performance exhaust, I to needed the performance exhaust 😁

All the years I have owned mine I never realised that. That’s why this is such a great forum!
Too late for me, but if I were buying one again I would definitely look for the performance exhaust and LSD. Or have them fitted.

All w205 c63 have an LSD finally MB realised

Don't sweat it , just buy a pair of these :banana:

Does anyone own a w205 c63 with the non button sports exhaust?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom