Read\Write German

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
Good afternoon everyone,
I am interested in purchasing a DVD upgrade via ebay, and have found what I want but sadly the owner lives in Germany. I have tried firstly using an Internet translator, then just writing in English, all to no avail.

My gut tells me to 'pass' on this item, but my heart says to give them one more chance.

Is there anyone out there that could just post a quick question to the seller for me please?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=57298&item=4508435691&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V

something along the lines of "Please would you accept a bid from England?"

I am obviously open to suggestions as I have only a limited experience of ebay.

This item cost a fortune to buy new.

Thanks,
John

Yep - will do it for you John - no probs. Will let you know the reply !

S.

sym said:
Yep - will do it for you John - no probs. Will let you know the reply !

S.

Hi Sym,
What can I say?? Thank you very much indeed for your very quick response. (I was just in the middle of taking some pictures of greenfinches having a bath :) )

Thanks very much,
John

When you the upgrade you might need something like this :p :

Drehen Sie sich nach links hier = Turn left here
Drehen Sie sich nach rechts hier = Turn right here
Anschlag = Halt
Bestimmungsort = Destination

Cheers :D :D :D

S

Mozzer said:
When you the upgrade you might need something like this :p :

Drehen Sie sich nach links hier = Turn left here
Drehen Sie sich nach rechts hier = Turn right here
Anschlag = Halt
Bestimmungsort = Destination

Very good,
We all realise though that DVD's are multi-lingual??

I just wish though that I could speak more than one language.

John

Know what you mean - have been working around Europe for Microsoft for the past two years and its embarrassing the amount of people who speak perfect English and after several months in each country, all I can do is speak taxi and menu :eek: :eek:

One of the services that google operates for free is a translation tool that can translate text or whole web pages. Provided sentences are kept very simple, it should work. I use it to peruse german car advertisements.
Rgds
Les

DITTRICH said:
One of the services that google operates for free is a translation tool that can translate text or whole web pages. Provided sentences are kept very simple, it should work. I use it to peruse german car advertisements.
Rgds
Les

Hi Les,
Thanks very much for that. If you mean the tool on the right hand side of the search engine then that is the one I used, and like you have pointed out I kept the sentences very short and clear.

Thanks again, :)
John

Also if you have XP word does translations to and from most european languages - again if the sentences are simple enough.

Mozzer said:
Also if you have XP word does translations to and from most european languages - again if the sentences are simple enough.

Hi Mozzer,
NOW I did NOT know that. I have had a quick look, but me being a 'thicky' could not find it.

I found 'Language' in tools but I thought that was just the basic working language.

Help, most knowledgeable of Microsoft person!!!!

Thanks for any tips or advice,
John

I am about to post a picture of two birds in a bath, but don't tell anyone.

glojo said:
Hi Les,
Thanks very much for that. If you mean the tool on the right hand side of the search engine then that is the one I used, and like you have pointed out I kept the sentences very short and clear.

Thanks again, :)
John

Yup! :)
Les

glojo said:
NOW I did NOT know that.

In word type what you need to have translated.
Highlight your typing.
Tools (or Alt T)
Language (or Alt L)
Translate (or Alt A)

The a Research window opens up on the right hand side - just tell Word what language you want to translate to and from and press the big greeen arrow button and it will go to the web and source the answer for you from wordlingo. (Edit - Which I guess means you need web access at the time).

I-thank-you :)

Stuart

Mozzer said:
In word type what you need to have translated.
Highlight your typing.
Tools (or Alt T)
Language (or Alt L)
Translate (or Alt A)

The a Research window opens up on the right hand side - just tell Word what language you want to translate to and from and press the big greeen arrow button and it will go to the web and source the answer for you from wordlingo. (Edit - Which I guess means you need web access at the time).

I-thank-you :)

Stuart

I see why you work for who you do!! My options only display English to French and English to Spanish??

Help again oh most knowledgeable person.

Thanks for everything so far.

The physio has arrived got to go
Bye John

Underneath the big green arrow button there is Translation Options... link - click here and that is where you should be able to add any languages you want.

Cheers

S

John

Reply just received ...

ist ok, der versand nach England Gruß GEORG

Roughly translated, as "Its OK to send it to England ... Regards, Georg !"

One and a half hours to go, so get bidding !

Let me know if you need translation help to complete the transaction if you win !

S.

sym said:
John

Reply just received ...

ist ok, der versand nach England Gruß GEORG

Roughly translated, as "Its OK to send it to England ... Regards, Georg !"

One and a half hours to go, so get bidding !

Let me know if you need translation help to complete the transaction if you win !

S.

Hi Sym,
Thank you very much indeed for your help.

I am off to make sure I get my currency conversion table correct.

Bye for now and if you do not hear from me in the next 100 minutes then I have been unsuccessful.

Thanks again,
John

I bought several different items from Germany & each time I used Babel Fish to translate. It works reasonably well with long text & even translates entire web pages. At bottom of my mail I also sent exactly what I had translated in English so that enterprising Germans could use that as reference. Worked every time no probs.

bacormack said:
I used Babel Fish to translate. It works reasonably well with long text & even translates entire web pages.

Thank you very much for the link. I have added it to 'My Favourites.

Regards,
John

Mozzer said:
Did you get it ???

Morning Mozzer,
Thanks for the interest, unfortunately it went above my self imposed limit.

I did bid for it and would most certainly not have done so without the brilliant help of 'Sym' (thanks again Sym).

There is another DVD upgrade disc for sale in Belgium, hopefully my 'pidgeon' French will be adequate.

I just object to paying the rediculous retail price demanded for these navigation upgrade disc's.

Bye for now,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom