Reader's rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beetnik

Car
Volvo V60 2.4 bi-turbo: SLK 200
Just back from a few days spent on the Lleyn peninsula. Glorious drive there and back - avoiding motorways and taking the Woodhead Pass rather than the M62 and through Snowdonia rather than the A55. A412 from Bala to Trawsfynydd was especially glorious - virtually no traffic, top down, sweeping bends, foot down and glorious scenery.

Sheer heaven and reminded me of what it's all about.

What's your favourite drive and why?

Bealach na Ba

The first time I rode this there was no armco

I drove to the Munich Oktober fest last year, 1,600 miles in six days and I absolutely loved it. Stopping in various countries to set up the tent and taste local delights and then off again the next morning.

Oh and the Autobahn is also an experience that everyone should experience at least once in their life. Doing a 130mph legally and then having an Audi A4 flash me to pass, awesome!

Cruising down from Miami to Key West in a Mustang convertible was pretty cool. :cool: I'd like to drive the Pacific Coast Highway too, maybe one day...

Had to do a double take there... thought title read "Readers Wives" :eek:

Just me, obviously :eek: :eek:

The road from Ullapool down to Garve, brilliant turns, great scenary and visibility, and the best bit, its usually just you thats on it.

Actually the whole NW Scotland is a great drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom