Reading Wiring Diagrams.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebig1

Car
Mercedes C63
Hi all,

I manged to get the wiring diagrams but struggling to work out the connector layouts on say the front SAM and the door modules.
I can follow the wires from the lamps etc and when they get to the SAN, it has "17C" next to one of the connector blocks but I can not find anywhere in the diagrams, which connect or where this connector is.
Any pointers?

Do you have wiring diagrams from WIS? The connector "name" (number or letter) would be printed on the diagram and on the actual control unit box. Pin numbers equally. 17C was on the first front SAM diagram that I opened ([FONT=&quot]pe54.21-p-2106-97fah[/FONT]), sheet 8, probably appears several times. You can make use of wire colours too when you try to find a connector. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Arrrr so the connector number is on the unit???
Pitty there isnt a list of connector number, 17C and their locations etc.

17C will be a connector that plugs into the control unit that is on the diagram (Nxx/xx or Axx/xx) - when you look at the control unit itself (well, the connector side) you will see the markings. So no need to have a location for it, its plugged into the back of the control unit on the diagram and there is a description/picture of where the various control units are in WIS with info as how to remove them.

The 'Xnn/nn.' connectors are general connectors on in the car, and there are diagrams of where those connectors are (but be warned, RHD cars things can be in different positions)

Z connections are ground points. Again there is info where the are in WIS.

R

Great stuff.
Just need some pics of the connectors to work out what terminals to get now.

The parts catalogue is useful for finding the contact terminal types. Look at the SAM in EPC (somewhere in section 54), and click on the nearby picture of a connector and it shows you all the shells and contacts - with the IDs for the shells

Often SLK2.8 if its a power feed (upto 2.5mm) or MQS if its control signal or lighting feed.

According to EPCnet, on W204 front SAM 17C is a 10 pin MQS connector, so you need some female MQS contacts. They are a bit of a pig to crimp and then to fit in the connector shell without using the proper crimp tool.

What are you trying to add/achieve ?

Richard

Last edited:
Great stuff, I have few of them about, I use TE alot.
Looking at adding the door lower lights from the door moduals and footwell lights from the SAM.

Yup - that will all be MQS female contacts

Cheers

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom