Ready for an AMG in my life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Theador

Car
C63 BiTurbo Estate W205
A few years back I nearly bought @Mr Fixit ‘s C55 estate but ended up going for a 335i touring manual; loved it. I now have an e46 M3 manual which is truly awesome, however circumstances govern that again I need an estate, and it’s about time I owned an AMG!!!

So if anybody fancies swapping their c55 estate (would possibly consider an e55 too) for an impeccably maintained, good condition, black, non sunroof manual coupe e46 M3, please PM me :)

I think there might be only a few of us on here who own a C55 estates. You just missed a good one that Mercedes Enthusiast magazine just sold, it was a daily drive staff car.

Good luck in your search. Does anyone know what happened to the rare blue C55 the late great Brucemillar owned, is it still in his family ?

I think there might be only a few of us on here who own a C55 estates. You just missed a good one that Mercedes Enthusiast magazine just sold, it was a daily drive staff car.

Good luck in your search. Does anyone know what happened to the rare blue C55 the late great Brucemillar owned, is it still in his family ?

ah shucks that always seems to happen. Thanks for the reply

I wonder who bought that....:oops:

Does anyone know what happened to the rare blue C55 the late great Brucemillar owned, is it still in his family ?
It’d be really great if they’ve kept hold of both his Mercedes, they were both crackers.

Why C55 over an E55 estate? M113K powertrain is incredible

It’s more down to the simplicity of the C55. I’m not ruling out an E55, just on a car that age the C55 seems to me like the easier car to maintain. More than happy to be convinced otherwise:-D

^^ This was my thinking exactly, plus I didn't need a car any bigger than a C class My C55 estate is strictly a 4 seater due to the transmission tunnel an I certainly wouldn't call it a load hauler but you can fold the seats down if you really need to.

It depends what you want from a old V8 AMG , while no doubt the extra oomph you get with a E55 of similar vintage is an advantage the added complexity in the E55 might not be so welcome. One plus side of looking to buy an E55 is choice, there are a fair few around.

Finding a good C55 , especially in estate form (S203) is not quite so easy . Expect to find a bit of rust on anything but a garage queen or a Jap import.

^^ This was my thinking exactly, plus I didn't need a car any bigger than a C class My C55 estate is strictly a 4 seater due to the transmission tunnel an I certainly wouldn't call it a load hauler but you can fold the seats down if you really need to.

It depends what you want from a old V8 AMG , while no doubt the extra oomph you get with a E55 of similar vintage is an advantage the added complexity in the E55 might not be so welcome. One plus side of looking to buy an E55 is choice, there are a fair few around.

Finding a good C55 , especially in estate form (S203) is not quite so easy . Expect to find a bit of rust on anything but a garage queen or a Jap import.

It’s tricky ay. Technically, like you, I don’t need anything bigger than a C class. E55 definitely seems to bring up greater search results in estate form though.

What do people think of Merc jap imports? Are they similar/same spec as eu models? Have seen a couple of C55s recently; I’ve always avoided imports in the past though.

...and then of course, coming from an M3, I’ll most likely be wanting a limited slip diff installed. I think this is a common mod on the c55, not sure about the e55 though.

...and then of course, coming from an M3, I’ll most likely be wanting a limited slip diff installed. I think this is a common mod on the c55, not sure about the e55 though.
MSL in Brum will do you a LSD for a very fair price whatever car you choose.

There are members on here who have Jap Import C55's, they are always pretty much rust free but have a few oddball things you have to sort out , but nothing major that hasn't been done by someone before, so plenty info out there.

I am thinking of a C63 estate like the white one in the advert linked above. But I would not want to get rid of my C55 ,putting 2 V8's on the drive is easy as far as I am concerned...but SWMBO is not so easily convinced :( .

There are members on here who have Jap Import C55's, they are always pretty much rust free but have a few oddball things you have to sort out , but nothing major that hasn't been done by someone before, so plenty info out there.

I am thinking of a C63 estate like the white one in the advert linked above. But I would not want to get rid of my C55 ,putting 2 V8's on the drive is easy as far as I am concerned...but SWMBO is not so easily convinced :( .

Haha. My Long Haired Colonel demands we get an electric car for the general school runs and short drives. So the old Forester is being swapped for a small electric; meaning the M3 needs to be swapped for an estate; a fast estate at that!

I’d say sell the m3 rather than p/x it, as you’d get more money for it. Having owned a e36 evo convertible, I’ve seen the values skyrocket on them, and it’s cheaper to buy a c63 amg these days.

A few years back I nearly bought @Mr Fixit ‘s C55 estate but ended up going for a 335i touring manual; loved it. I now have an e46 M3 manual which is truly awesome, however circumstances govern that again I need an estate, and it’s about time I owned an AMG!!!

So if anybody fancies swapping their c55 estate (would possibly consider an e55 too) for an impeccably maintained, good condition, black, non sunroof manual coupe e46 M3, please PM me :)
Hi , after 5 years ownership I am about to sell my E55 estate 3 owner car full digital service history maintained by Mercedes loughborough and MB Services independent since.
Car has had everything done as required and used regularly.
111k miles and very high spec .
Let me know if your interested.
I’ve only just joined the forum and have recently bought another Amg and don’t need both .

Hi , after 5 years ownership I am about to sell my E55 estate 3 owner car full digital service history maintained by Mercedes loughborough and MB Services independent since.
Car has had everything done as required and used regularly.
111k miles and very high spec .
Let me know if your interested.
I’ve only just joined the forum and have recently bought another Amg and don’t need both .
What colour is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom