Ready steady Queue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc estate

MB Enthusiast
Car
C Class w205 220d AMG Premium line 2016
So they say on the tv (aghh here we go again) something else they want you to panic about, FUEL, NO TANKER DRIVERS, FOOD RUNNING OUT IN SHOPS, i am sick to death of the media trying to make everyone panic so they can sell papers etc. So as i passed my local Shell Ultma garage (must buy that, panic) the queue trying to get in there is 20 deep. Bleeding idiots, let them all fill up and the petrol stations will be empty of cars in a couple of days.
What are we gonna do with these people, quick get the toilet rolls in as everyone will be sh**ing themselves for more things soon.

Yep. Exactly the same at our local Tesco’s today. Never seen it so busy at the fuel station. 🙄

Well the idiots will queue up,but fuel is not like toilet rolls,you can only fill your car up then what,so hoarding is not in the picture,I would say come Monday the queues will be gone.

I was told it’s only BP that have driver shortages

Well thats not entirely true,practically every fuel producer has gone the out source route,but there is no shortage of fuel,but there is a small shortage of tanker drivers,Morrisons are saying there is no need to queue they will not run out,but I suspect it will not calm down until Tuesday,I have heard that tanker drivers are getting £68 a hour think i will take the medical and frighten a few motorists.

It's the media sensationalism that causes all the panic buying. If they did not mention it, no one would care. You would see a petrol station is shut & just go up the road to the next one. You would not wonder why or care
Right, can't hang around here, must go & get all the cars filled up:D

I'm not worried so much about the fuel situation, more that the Irn Bru factory will run out of CO₂ and I'll be forced to drink neat Vodka o_O
Irn Bru on the South Coast, just heard on the Scottish news they are running out of it & supplies will not be sent over the border:mad::oops:
:p

Pasta and other similar stuff now cleared from the nearby Sainsburys. Rest of shelves ..... pretty much full.

So I have panicked and therefore acquired two emergency Pot Noodles and some Sauvignon Blanc to sustain me over the impending weekend.

There’s going to be a shortage of Irn Bru???
Then whisky and Buckie are bound to follow.
Better do some panic buying and get some stocks in.
Sounds an interesting libation.

Reactions: Ted
Pasta and other similar stuff now cleared from the nearby Sainsburys. Rest of shelves ..... pretty much full.

So I have panicked and therefore acquired two emergency Pot Noodles and some Sauvignon Blanc to sustain me over the impending weekend.
Surely the money you spent on 2 Pot Noodles could have been better invested by putting towards a 2nd bottle of Sauv Blanc ?🤔

Surely the money you spent on 2 Pot Noodles could have been better invested by putting towards a 2nd bottle of Sauv Blanc ?🤔

Actually ,,,, I bought three.

I think a fourth would maybe be pushing it a bit.

Back last year travelling about for work I used to keep spare Pot Noodles in my bag and I carry a kettle. Defence against the dark arts of lockdown and the lack of hotel catering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom