Really cool Alfa...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That dash wasn't cool in 1986 and it most certainly isn't now.

And the $110,000 restoration seems to have included daubing the underside of the battery box with cheap underseal like you would to get your old Mini through its MOT.

Last edited:
The Americans have ruined it, but it's fixable. The period Zender kit is fine but doesn't work with those wheels, and the "gold cladding" on the fasteners is just naff bling and has nothing to do with "resisting heat".

Two turbos and it's no more powerful than a mildly tweaked NA 3.0 - sounds about right for a Callaway job. Should have gone to see Dawie De Villiers for a proper motor. I can picture Alex laughing his **** off when this turned up at his workshop.

Looks like it was magnetised , sent back in time and driven through Ripspeed circa 1986.

I'd have expected more power from a TT unit.

The stuff of dreams....

Sorry, I meant the GTV6 in general, not this particular example.

Oh dear... Another case of someone trying to recoup the ridiculous amount of money they have spent buying a modified car, then modifying it a bit more... It's just not a special car. And never will be.

Oh dear... Another case of someone trying to recoup the ridiculous amount of money they have spent buying a modified car, then modifying it a bit more... It's just not a special car. And never will be.

If it was a special car, surely it would have been worth more in its original unmodified form?

I like it ... It has character

If it was a special car, surely it would have been worth more in its original unmodified form?

A fully sorted GTV is about £15-20k nowadays, although some owners do a few tweaks like dropping in the 3.0 lump and transaxle from the 75.

A bit of too much effort I would say, and really not my taste. And price tag, "I believe I can fly...."

A fully sorted GTV is about £15-20k nowadays......

I don't think so.

A 1970's Giulia or Spider wouldn't make £20k so an 1980's GTV is going to be nowhere near that price bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom