Really dumb thing - lost screw

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_player

It appears that whilst putting some of the trim back together on my CLK (W209) I managed to drop a screw into the gear box selector :crazy:

Whilst it doesn't appear to have caused any problems I am worried about it being in there! Any ideas how to get the thing out ? Is it likely to blow anything up ?

If it was a small one I would not worry , one often find screws that have been dropped during manufacturing.

The chances of it screwing something up are small

What about a pair of long needle nosed pliers? Or a vax if all else fails!;)

Cheers guys, its one of the screws that bolts the COMAND unit in. I've ordered one of those magnetic grabber thingys so will see if I can tease it out...

Good suggestions so far,

If you can actually see the screw, I'll add a small screwdriver/other implement with a piece of bluetack on the end :)

Will

If you do not own a long magnetized driver, just use any steel rod and place a magnet on it where you are holding it and the magnetisam will travel to the other end

Thanks guys got a good few ways to try now, although I fear that the screw has gone out of sight.... I'll report back when I have tried all of the above!!!

Yeah - think it prob is on the floor somewhere as I can't see it and everything works fine! Oh well, guess it has gone off to be with the 5Amp fuse that I dropped behind the dash last year!!!

Every house and car has a place were things dissapear to...

Like the screw and the fuse...

80% chance you wont find it again just like anything that seems to lose itself.

once these item are in this 'void in time and space' they dont come out again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom