Really liking this... although a lot of you probably won't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haris

Really don't like new shape Mercs, but this is one of the very few I do like. Thought i'd share some pics, even though I'm guessing most of you won't like it.

12.jpg

22.jpg

32.jpg

42.jpg

61.jpg

71.jpg

Fitment is absolutely spot on :cool:

The car looks good, because except for the wheels it is a very clean standard car.

Looks great, as long as you keep driving in a straight line it should be fine, mind you the tyres rubbing on the front arches when you steer should keep the rust at bay :rolleyes:

Not a fan of the stretched euro look on the tyres or the practicality, too easy to damage the rims....

Actually, I do like it! Very cool looking car, not blinged up, just nice! :)

Last edited:
Looking at those wheels, I wonder if that fitment would be an MOT failure here? Apparently mine is just a couple of mm from being one :eek: and it's nowhere near as tight as that!

Not a fan of split rims, but the overall look is pretty darned mean :)

You don't like split rims, seriously? :confused:

The car looks good, because except for the wheels it is a very clean standard car.

What's wrong with the wheels, nice subtle split rims which suit the car's lines quite nicely

Looks great, as long as you keep driving in a straight line it should be fine, mind you the tyres rubbing on the front arches when you steer should keep the rust at bay :rolleyes:

Not a fan of the stretched euro look on the tyres or the practicality, too easy to damage the rims....

:doh: the usual uneducated hate against euro scene, this car is on air so probably more practical than you're car if anything.

you're only reason for hating stretched tyres is that you'll damage your rims far easier :confused: learn not to drive into a kerb then, it's not hard if you know how to park properly :rolleyes:

Looking at those wheels, I wonder if that fitment would be an MOT failure here? Apparently mine is just a couple of mm from being one :eek: and it's nowhere near as tight as that!

Wouldn't be an MOT failure as the car is on air.

Glad some people aren't narrow minded and can appreciate the car

Last edited:
Not a fan of split rims, but the overall look is pretty darned mean :)

My thoughts exactly - cheers!

One good reason to dislike split rims apart from their prissyness and pseudo racer pretensions. They will always be heavier than a one piece wheel. Jointed components are always heavier, then throw in a bag of bolts at the periphery where they hurt the rotational inertia.

My thoughts exactly - cheers!

One good reason to dislike split rims apart from their prissyness and pseudo racer pretensions. They will always be heavier than a one piece wheel. Jointed components are always heavier, then throw in a bag of bolts at the periphery where they hurt the rotational inertia.

so a set of BBS RS' wouldn't be lighter than a monoblock wheel in the same dimensions, I'm sorry but you couldn't be more wrong.

I saw this car on another forum.It's had arches widened and a few other bits also.
I never really noticed Cls until I got my E class,now I drool every time I see one.

The car looks quite nice, but the wheels do nothing for me personally :eek:

They look a little cheap/tacky, very rare that an aftermarket rim looks better than an upgraded Mercedes-Benz or AMG wheel IMHO.

Raise it up a few mm (even on air, I don't care) - and fit some 18/19" AMG wheels and I reckon it'd look much better :thumb:

Will

Looks good I reckon, not overly 'pimped' but a bit different.

The car looks quite nice, but the wheels do nothing for me personally :eek:

They look a little cheap/tacky, very rare that an aftermarket rim looks better than an upgraded Mercedes-Benz or AMG wheel IMHO.

Raise it up a few mm (even on air, I don't care) - and fit some 18/19" AMG wheels and I reckon it'd look much better :thumb:

Will

fair enough appreciate your opinion, but I'd like to see a set of 18/19" AMG wheels which will fill the arches like these wheels do. You'll soon find that there aren't any

Note to self: Do not disagree with anything Haris posts.:crazy:

Listen, I don't want an argument...I like the car and the wheels. The reason I like the whole thing is because only the wheels have been modded.

Where do you get off being so aggressive?

so a set of BBS RS' wouldn't be lighter than a monoblock wheel in the same dimensions, I'm sorry but you couldn't be more wrong.

Have you weighed them?

You do know, btw, that steel wheels are lighter again.

fair enough appreciate your opinion, but I'd like to see a set of 18/19" AMG wheels which will fill the arches like these wheels do. You'll soon find that there aren't any

It's the wheel tyre combo that fills the arches, not the wheels. So, no matter what diameter wheels you have on, the overall diameter will be the same in all cases...if it isn't then you will change the gearing etc.

What makes you an expert?

You don't like split rims, seriously? :confused:

What's wrong with the wheels, nice subtle split rims which suit the car's lines quite nicely

:doh: the usual uneducated hate against euro scene, this car is on air so probably more practical than you're car if anything.

you're only reason for hating stretched tyres is that you'll damage your rims far easier :confused: learn not to drive into a kerb then, it's not hard if you know how to park properly :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be an MOT failure as the car is on air.

Glad some people aren't narrow minded and can appreciate the car

If your going to be damn rude then don't post up stupid comments like 'I'm guessing most of you won't like it'

If you didn't want our opinions then don't ask. Grow up!

Any for your information my friend I have been driving for over twenty five years, I know how to park!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom