Really nice W124 320CE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks in good condition, as far as pics go, have put it on my watch list.

The 4 door looks nothing like the 2 door tho, a bit boxy.

No mention of the dreaded engine loom or the HG

So what's the real value with HG and Loom done ? Looks really good !

Sport line was cabriolet only. Other body types had the (very good) sport chassis option. Putting sport line badges on was not uncommon. Terminology notwithstanding, the sport chassis package is IMHO well worth having.

For a W201 it works like this. I think it's similar for a W124 -

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/977407-post9.html

IIRC Sports seats were not available in the W124 Cabrio or Coupe 'cos they need to tilt forward for rear passengers. That said, I've seen a lot of cabs w/ S'line badges so I might be wrong.

Last edited:
Nice looking car is that. Would feel proud to drive it even today.

Sport line was cabriolet only. Other body types had the (very good) sport chassis option. Putting sport line badges on was not uncommon. Terminology notwithstanding, the sport chassis package is IMHO well worth having.

Incorrect Sportline was available on Coupe, saloon, estate and cabriolet.
What did differ was the fact that you could not get Sportline seats in the cabriolet and coupe.

So what's the real value with HG and Loom done ? Looks really good !

Hard to say as the saloon is not as sought after like the estate and coupe

Does look really nice though

neilrr said:
For a W201 it works like this. I think it's similar for a W124 - http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/977407-post9.html IIRC Sports seats were not available in the W124 Cabrio or Coupe 'cos they need to tilt forward for rear passengers. That said, I've seen a lot of cabs w/ S'line badges so I might be wrong.
So it would be interesting to know if this one has the option code for sport line. thanks for the info - sport line is a bit like E36 in that there seem to be more about year by year - but then, perhaps they are more likely to survive.

You're paying for all the spit n polish on that one. My old 190 would look that tidy if I could be bothered.

I would rather find a good, honest car for circa £1500 (which hasn't been shined up) and set aside some cash to get it really sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom