Really no headlight adjustment for Europe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanMSpencer

Car
C220Cdi Estate
I have W204 C220Cdi 2012, facelift and it appears according to the manual there is no need to alter headlights (halogen) as they are compliant with EU even though dipped to the left. There is no option on the Lighting menu to alter them (as there would be for Xenon).

However, there was a sneaky suggestion that if you were abroad for a long time then you could get them switched by a dealer.

As it happens I don't expect to be doing much but belting up and down autobahns in daylight but I was intrigued as to whether the switch was simple or having the front end of the car rebuilt (my mate has a 57 plate Audi A6 which needed air intake and some other components removed and then stick insect fingers to flick a switch - much blood was shed that day).

Is there a trivial thing to flick if you know how?

There is no requirement to change your headlamp beam in Europe, you simply have to avoid dazzling other drivers. If you move the headlights to their lowest setting from the dashboard switch, you won't dazzle anyone.

How many left hand drive cars do you see in the UK with beam deflectors etc, absolutely no one bothers when they come to the UK.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom