Really Really Stupid People

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What is it with young Fiesta drivers when they see a quick car? Driving along the ring road, I exit down the slip road. There are 4 lanes and I am in the 2nd lane to go straight on, travelling at normal speed. A car cuts across last minute into my lane and so I go into lane 3, slight acceleration. I then slow for the roundabout ahead and notice a Fiesta flying down lane one and into lane two trying to catch me. As I am just about to enter the roundabout, he is by my side travelling way too fast. He has to cut across 3 lanes on the roundabout and had I not watched him in my mirror and slowed down, he would have swiped my car as his car cut over my lane, tyres screeching as he nearly lost it. Bravo, you undertook me, whoopie fckin do. I'm sure he went and told his mates he 'smoked' a V10. Absolute *****. I'm sure the AMG owners get this too

like this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

cant tell if they touch the ground with the wide footrests or not( perhaps points deducted if they ground it)
That's impressive on such a big bike . While I reckon I could've done that , it would have been slowly and carefully , and not at that speed .

It may not have been his bike but he must have spent a long time riding it to become that proficient.

I take some pride in low speed balance to the point of avoiding putting a foot down if at all possible but that guy is in a different league. There must be a large element of confidence involved as the lean angles simply wouldn't be possible at very slow speeds, the bike would just fall over. He will have been using power to pick the bike up out of the lean and was probably going fast enough for the gyroscopic effect of the heavy wheels to have helped with stability. Those bikes have very wide handlebars to provide some leverage. It's much harder with narrow bars.

Yes to all that. Low CofG, high and wide bars. Fastest bikes I've seen through the southern French twisties were Swiss guys on Super nakeds. Flick-flick-flick "Allons plus vite"

Can’t figure out if this is he or she idiot?

It may not have been his bike but he must have spent a long time riding it to become that proficient.

I take some pride in low speed balance to the point of avoiding putting a foot down if at all possible but that guy is in a different league. There must be a large element of confidence involved as the lean angles simply wouldn't be possible at very slow speeds, the bike would just fall over. He will have been using power to pick the bike up out of the lean and was probably going fast enough for the gyroscopic effect of the heavy wheels to have helped with stability. Those bikes have very wide handlebars to provide some leverage. It's much harder with narrow bars.
Saw this the other night , thought the whole movie very funny .

People who take the outside lane at lights (lane can go straight on or turn right) and only indicate to turn when lights change (if at all) Sooooo annoying!

Dont see whats wrong with that?
If you do indicate and it takes 5 minutes for the light to change, that things ticking for a whole 5 minutes. Id find that more annoying to be honest

People who take the outside lane at lights (lane can go straight on or turn right) and only indicate to turn when lights change (if at all) Sooooo annoying!

It's a regular thing think near my house. You're stopped at the lights in the outside lane, lights turn green, you follow the car in front of you, only for it to brake and indicate right at the same time.

So next time you make sure you're in the inside lane, but the car to your right unexpectedly swerves into your path because the car ahead of it decided to make a right turn....

Dont see whats wrong with that?
If you do indicate and it takes 5 minutes for the light to change, that things ticking for a whole 5 minutes. Id find that more annoying to be honest
So, if someone is sitting behind you intending to go straight on, and when the lights change, you put on your indicator and cannot turn because of oncoming traffic, everyone else has to sit behind you and possibly not get through the green light at all? If your indicator had been on, they would have choose to wait in the other lane, have you been driving long?

So, if someone is sitting behind you intending to go straight on, and when the lights change, you put on your indicator and cannot turn because of oncoming traffic, everyone else has to sit behind you and possibly not get through the green light at all? If your indicator had been on, they would have choose to wait in the other lane, have you been driving long?
Spot on.

A good compromise, maybe, would be to indicate, and then cancel it once another vehicle or two have joined your queue, then they know, but won’t be ‘flashed at’ for 5 minutes......

Last edited:
Spot on.

A good compromise, maybe, would be to indicate, and then cancel it once another vehicle or two have joined your queue, then they know, but won’t be ‘flashed at’ for 5 minutes......

Exactly what I do

Also, are there any lights that take 5 minutes to change? Yes, sometimes seems like it (!!), but that long?

Exactly what I do

Also, are there any lights that take 5 minutes to change? Yes, sometimes seems like it (!!), but that long?

Then people behind you may come to the conclusion that you have changed your mind and are now intending to go straight on. That would put the situation back to the original complaint.
If you decide to take your chances on the outside lane then you are taking a gamble and be prepared that someone may be turning right.

That's what I do, but only if the vehicle behind me is indicating right. Anything more than that is overthinking it...

Then people behind you may come to the conclusion that you have changed your mind and are now intending to go straight on. That would put the situation back to the original complaint.

As soon as the traffic light changes put indicators back on - then the original intention is true. And, even if they decision was changed to go straight ahead it would make no difference to the car behind that queued expecting a right turn to be executed.

If you decide to take your chances on the outside lane then you are taking a gamble and be prepared that someone may be turning right.

Gamble? We are supposed to indicate our intentions in advance to eliminate the uncertainties - to reduce risk. Gambling is for chancers - not drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom