Rear 124 Shims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BillyW124

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E320 coupe, W211 E320 V6 CDI, W211 E63 V8 AMG, R129 SL 280 V6, W215 CL 600 V12 Bi Turbo.
Hi Guys,

any chance of getting 4 bump shims for the rear?

apperntley the maximum for the rear is only 3 bump.

the fronts go to a max of 4 bumps. Can the fronts fit the rears?

FYi
(Shims are the pads that sit on top of the springs, the bumps indicate thickness. 1 = thinest 4 = thickest).

I would have thought so

will need to double check, i think the rear springs are thinner, hence different shims...

the front springs a bigger in circumference i think

will need to double check, i think the rear springs are thinner, hence different shims...

the front springs a bigger in circumference i think

Just checked,and you`re right.The front ones are wider

there must be some aftermarket ones about?

these are MB specific parts.. these shims

there must be some aftermarket ones about?

I doubt it as everyone is looking to lower,you`re looking to go higher lo
Why,do you have rubbing or only the look

no rubbing, of wheels, its slightly too low on the rear.

i catch the center pipe on humps sometimes.

i have 1 bump on the front and 3 bump at the rear.

also the look as it will eliminate a slight sagging look at the rear.

They are lowered springs my assumption is that they are Apex as they are yellow, i would say a 35mill drop.

This was on the car already when purchased

You get 4 pip spring pads for the rear part no is 2013211284 -- 23 mm as opposed to 3 pip pads--18mm 2013211184 remember also because of the lever effect of the spring arm the car will be raised slightly more than this.

çàï÷àñòè Mercedes: êîäû çàï÷àñòåé ìåðñåäåñ fronts don't fit back different diameter of spring coil.

cheers Graeme,

are you sure that the 4 pip is available for the rear? i thought this was only available for the fronts?

is this part number ok to use at MB?

Part no A2013211284 , SHIM Still available on the Inchcape MB site at £5-97 each but get them to check availability against your chassis number. As you can see from the part number its originally a 190 part but that's not uncommon with MB models.

Correction Druk's maybe right the diagram I posted is confusing and the shims listed may well be for the front springs only . Sorry about that.:eek:

Last edited:
ok im confused guys.

Inchcape?

190?

4 pip available or 3 pip only?

What I can tell you is that MB used to colour code their springs into 2 categories for matching purposes red [short] and blue [long] Their heavy duty springs[blue?] were usually longer than the comfort ones [red] which might be another way to approach the problem.

Right...So i cant get 4 pip pads as i thought?

ok im confused guys.

Inchcape?

190?

4 pip available or 3 pip only?

Sorry if I confused you. I made a mistake about the rear pads. It does look as if only 3 pip pads are available for the smaller diameter rear springs. INCHCAPE are a main MB dealer that does mail order. The 190 [ W201] is a small MB saloon which shares many parts with your model of car. if you are already using lowered springs your only choice would appear to be to change to longer springs

Last edited:
Sorry if I confused you. I made a mistake about the rear pads. It does look as if only 3 pip pads are available for the smaller diameter rear springs. INCHCAPE are a main MB dealer that does mail order. The 190 [ W201] is a small MB saloon which shares many parts with your model of car.

no problem mate...LOL yes i know what a 190 is!

just didnt know if they would fit a 124 etc..

..any improvisation methods?

4 pips would have been bang on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom