Rear ABS Reluctor/Impulse ring replacement on 211 estate car with air suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baldbloke

Car
E Class Estate 320CDI Elegance 2007 Non- ADS
Soon after sorting out my rear air suspension woes I got an ABS fault which made me bite the bullet and buy an iCarsoft MB V 2.0 diagnostic tool. Sure enough it suggested a fault with the L/H/R wheel speed sensor which I have just renewed, but without sorting out the fault code. So I have just ordered two reluctor rings (one as a spare for the other side which will probably be just about to fail). Incidentally, the original wheel speed sensor looked like new and eased out of the hub without any issues.
Hopefully when the ring is replaced it will then sort the other issues that occurred at the same time. These are that the power steering assistance seems to be negligible, and the cruise control/Distronic are disabled.

I do have a couple of questions relating to the rear self leveling air suspension for when I start removing the rear suspension arms/links Will my new iCarsoft toy be able to deflate the rear air bags to enable me to unload the joints, and if so can anyone with better knowledge of this tool lead me through which programs to run through to do this?

The car is a 2007 E class Elegance W 211 Estate with self leveling rear suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom