Rear air vent centre slot smashed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Horrgakx

Car
Audi S4 B9
(edit: car is W210 1999 E55 AMG)

Hi all. In the centre console towards the rear of it there are 2 vents which supply air to the rear passengers. On the right hand side vent the centre slot/slat is missing (its the one which has the button/knob with which you can change the direction it blows).

Does anyone know where I can get one from please? Main dealer is the last resort :) And also is it a case of getting just the part itself or will I need the whole assembly?

Thanks.

I've got a similar problem, still there but broken on one side.

The part is available seperately: A2108301454 then you will need the colour code as well.

If you have anthracite interior, then there is one available on Parts Reunited.

Its just black plastic - the whole interior is black leather on the seats, black carpet, black plastic trip (and of course some wood highlights on certain door and dash trims).

But the vent is just black plastic. I'll look that number up, is there anywhere that will show me a picture of it please?

proser-albums-2000-e320cdi-estate-picture2272-air-vent.jpg

Item 150

Thanks - so the complete assembly of twin vents.
Can anyone recommend a supplier in or to the UK please that won't charge dealer prices?

Thanks for the pic Mark. I can't use PM yet (under 30 posts) so I'll ask here; I love the exploded diagrams for ... well, everything. I had technical manuals for most of my other cars, where can I get these for the W210 please?

Possibly one near me. Guy I know breaking a 210. He's going to check tonight and let me know.

If it's grey, then I'd be interested as the OP will need black ;)

Thanks - so the complete assembly of twin vents.
Can anyone recommend a supplier in or to the UK please that won't charge dealer prices?

Thanks for the pic Mark. I can't use PM yet (under 30 posts) so I'll ask here; I love the exploded diagrams for ... well, everything. I had technical manuals for most of my other cars, where can I get these for the W210 please?

It's part of EPC Net and costs £15 / year :thumb:. It's the full online parts system for all of MB vehicles.

Thanks guys - Druk if your mate comes back with anything I'm interested, 'specially if its black.

As for the tech manuals, there aren't stand-alone versions? Its not as if I'm using it commercially, more for personal interest.

As for the tech manuals, there aren't stand-alone versions? Its not as if I'm using it commercially, more for personal interest.

Purely online. I only use them for personal use and it has helped me greatly when able to quote parts numbers to the dealers, as they basically see the same sections/pages.

Plenty of these cars in the breakers - there's a Grey 320 W210 in one of the yards in Paisley , which I guess probably has black plastic parts ( a few weeks since I saw it but it was a fully loaded model with leather etc , bodywork was very poor but no crash damage ) . A few other 210's breaking round about but cars are other colours so less likely to find black plastic inside .

As per the above post I now have a 210 rear center vent in my possession.
It's dark grey, part number A210 830 02 54. Working, complete, and in 95% good condition.

Vendor wants £10 for it + whatever postage is.

Does it have an additional 4 digit number on it, something like 7206 ?

I can't see anything on the vent, though it could be on a hidden part? Can I get it out without removing the centre console?

It is very dark grey but certainly not a light grey.

There are no additional numbers.

The grey is very dark. A typical Merc grey in fact, but not black. The internal mechanical flap it's attached to by spring plastic clips is black.
It looks to be removed from the surround by inserting a little screwdriver into each of the four small clips inside the 'mouth' and levering gently inwards.

I got the old vent out but had to remove the centre console to pop it loose.

But, I'll tell you what, these vents are NOT meant to be taken apart!!!
The replacement vent had one of the pins securing the vanes was snapped so I've managed to transplant a good one from the old unit into the new one. But last job is to get the little side slots to locate onto the control arm (the part that keeps the vanes moving as one).

Car is still in bit and I've been swearing at it for the last 3 hours :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom