Rear anti-roll bar advise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill.

Car
E63 AMG, 319 Sprinter
Morning All,
I have recently purchased a 2013 213 MWB Hi roof sprinter. Now as its only a 2series i have added another leaf spring to help take the weight. Whilst I was in the proof doing this I noticed that there was no rear anti-roll bar??
The van is immaculate with only 30k miles 1owner so I don't think that it has been played about with?
I have another 2013 316 sprinter and a 2015 316 sprinter both with anti roll bars.
Has anyone ever seen a sprinter without them fitted?? Is it safe without?
Thanks in advance for any help or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated.
Bill

I would say it needs them too. The mounting points are there but no brackets, link arms etc. I was thinking of going to MB parts and asking if it's listed to have them fitted?
Thanks for your views.

As you will need everything, it might be better to get them from a breaker tbh. Can't imagine it will be cheap for the entire set-up…have you thought about contacting the place you bought the van from? Or even rejecting it? It may be worth asking the commercial dealer if there was a delete option however unlikely that may be before you go down the return route.

Giantvanman said:
As you will need everything, it might be better to get them from a breaker tbh. Can't imagine it will be cheap for the entire set-up…have you thought about contacting the place you bought the van from? Or even rejecting it? It may be worth asking the commercial dealer if there was a delete option however unlikely that may be before you go down the return route.

Tbh I don't want to return the van the reason I snapped it up was because you don't get many 2year old mint condition sprinters about with only 30k miles and air con with 5year service package inc for£15k
So I have been on to MB and they have confirmed it left the factory without rear anti roll bars but has front ones. Very odd!!! They advised me that they can supply a kit inc all brackets bushes link arms etc £250 plus vat
I think that is the route to go down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom