Rear Brakes DISCS & PADS Brembo or OEM if Cost is Same ? (W212 E250 Sport)

Rear Brakes DISCS & PADS Brembo or OEM if Cost is Same ? (W212 E250 Sport)

• OEM

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • BREMBO

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, (and some Imps)
So what would folks fit where cost was exactly the same, OEM or Brembo (UV coated discs) discs & pads?

Don’t think it’ll make a difference, but I would fit OEM just for the sake of it :)

The Brembo do have a durable looking dark grey metallic paint however it doesn't cover a few thin areas for the total no rust result .

So I abrade with 600 and spray black Hammerite Smooth days or weeks before fitting .

I have OEM on the front and Brembo on the rear the price is what made me come to that decision.

I don't think it makes much of a difference either though so i'm in the "OEM for the sake of it" club because if the OEM rears were the same price as the Brembo i would have fitted OEM, if i can make everything say Mercedes within a reasonable price i will.

I have painted as above though on both the Brembos had the better paint after a year of driving whereas the OEM started to rust and look nasty definitely wish i had done it out of the box.

Brembo is OEM on my Mercedes Benz are you sure it is not OEM on yours ? , either way both will work fine.

Not 100% sure what the make is but what I mean is with the Mercedes OEM you get that lovely Mercedes star and their part number. :)

with the Mercedes OEM you get that lovely Mercedes star and their part number. :)

It does make you feel good seeing them i recently bought a splash guard for the wheel arch and went genuine OEM because i didn't want some chinese garbage under there.

No one would ever know or see it but me and the MOT testers but i paid the £35 anyway.

That being said the wipers are Bosch because they're cheaper using my trade card although i may pay the extra £3 and order some OEM ones so i can watch the star change colour.

Not 100% sure what the make is but what I mean is with the Mercedes OEM you get that lovely Mercedes star and their part number. :)
If the star is important to you and the price is right go for OEM you won't go far wrong. The good thing about mine is that Brembo is OEM so I can shop around and fit Brembo cheaper than buying MB but still be OEM. :thumb:

i went for brembo as they look better with the black coating - my OEM discs look very rusty against my black alloys.
Have not fitted them yet - also went for ceramic pads to reduce dust.

Total and utter rust prevention of new any/ Brembo discs today .

2018-10-01 14.41.55.jpg

5185.jpg

2018-11-02 14.33.54.jpg

Oem, 2yr warranty period and you know you will get the correct part 1st time.

I wouldn't paint the surface that mates to the wheel. You need a completely flat surface to avoid any issues.

Has anyone tried the EBC pad and disc sets? For my Audi S5 the EBC ceramic sets are only £100 more that the Brembo's on CP4L.

Ordered the OEM today from Edinburgh, will be here on Monday for fitting.

Thanks for the input everyone. ^

I knew you would Pat, that MB sticker is too good ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom